• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Plz Help

plz help my step dads corn snake has escaped :eek1: he is a year old and about 1 and a half foot i have looked every where and i am about to put a fuzy in one of the hides we have around the house we put them out because maybe he will go in it any more suggestions oh and before i go will the fuzy be ok out side the freezer or will it go moldy :shrugs:
thanks

On the main forum page, use the 'Search' function on the keyword: escape. You'll see many, many threads where recovery suggestions have been given. Good luck.

hey ok, there are alot of tricks to finding a lost corn. First I'd like to say never lose hope, it could be found today, or it could pop up 6 months from now.

If this corn just escaped than it is probably still in the same room as its tank. what many people suggest is to shut the doors to the room, and line the walls with a powder like flour. Your corn will most likely move along the walls and this will help you follow its tracks.

Then, under each door, lineup tooth picks or again flour. This will let you see if you corns has move out of the room.

As far as traps, I hear a good way to go it either put out little hides with meals in them, or put out 1 liter coke bottles with meals in them. This way when the snake eats, he won't be able to leave.

As far as how long a meal will last out, I'd say 24hrs, but use your best judgement. If it stinks real bad then it might be bad.

Again, best of luck and try not to worry too much. These things often work themselves out :)

I have heard many people say they found their corn under the refridgator or radiator. Maybe you could look there?

ash_the_snakeman said:
hi help i cannot find my corn i have looked everywhere behind refridgerators,radiators,sofas,cups,lights HELP me PLz :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

ok first of all calm down. my friends corn got out and it was behind a painting that was leaned up against the wall... look every where twice. they like dark small places.

do you have any cats or dogs?

ash_the_snakeman said:
yes i have 3 cats i have looked everywhere twice i have layed downtraps and put flour on the floors

would your cats get to it? my friends cat was attacking something behind the painting and then she realized the snake was out.

how big is the snake? how old?

ash_the_snakeman said:
i have looked every where, im not sure i think he is in 2 rooms the kitchen and the living room i have looked everywhere im not giving up

dont give up. its good that u narrowed it down. have you tried the toothpic method? double check everywhere.

ash_the_snakeman said:
what is the toothpick method ?????

set up toothpics around and if they are moved or thrown down then u know the snake has been there. i suggest putting them up infront of the doors so if the little guy does in a room you will know.

the lil snake is more than likely to stay in the room where the cage was so start by looking there. maybe look around its cage to see if it really did move away from it. dont worry the lil guy is probably just as freaked as you are.

we think he is in a hole in the wall i shined a flash light in there and his head went down the hole so we put a box in front of it with a hole and a fuzzy in it so hopefully he will go in there fingerz crossed

Back