• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Poop Or Regurge?

wavenup

I found a partially digested mouse tail and leg inside of the waterbowl about 3-4 days after my snakes last poop. It had no smell but im worried it could've been a regurge.
Should I treat this as a regurge and wait ten days before he feeds again?

thanks

Are you positive that's what it was? How old is the snake? I just has a 70 gram yearling poop in her water bowl yesterday. She's just gotten onto large fuzzies. So the poop was mouse-flesh colored, and wormy-looking, with hair, with no urates. It took me a second to decide it was poo, not regurge. The sign was the diameter of the dropping- snake intestine-size, and ropey, not a solid lump. I wish I'd taken a photo of it.

If you're positive, I'd skip the next meal and feed a prey item half the size of the meal that was regurged, and powder with Nutribac.

Being under water could mask the smell, although I'm not sure it could hide it entirely.

I have not yet experienced the "I'm not sure if this is a regurge or just a weird poop" thing, but if I ever did, I'd go the "better safe than sorry" route and follow regurge protocol just to be sure. Even if it is a poop, the fact that you are able to identify a mouse tail & leg means it was not fully digested, so your snake's system didn't handle the meal as well as it should have, so giving the digestive system a bit of a break and going to a smaller meal is likely to be helpful in that case as well.

Back