• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

poop question

wrensong

tallulah seems active, eager to eat on sundays,drinking fine, but hasnt pooped for 4 weeks now. is that normal? when should i start to worry? i gave her a warm bath last night (nothing). thanks for any advice!

What kind of substrate do you have her on? Is it possible she pooped and it's hidden in the aspen?

aspen substrate--and i do a thorough clean every week- nope not there- i will continue i think with the warm baths and see how that goes for a while-she otherwise seems ok...just dont know when i should worry about the situation!

I'm no expert, but 4 weeks seems like way too long. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will answer. :)

How old is the snake? With babies on aspen it is very easy to miss it. It soaks into the aspen very well. Does she look very swollen before her vent? If she is not then I would guess that she is going, it is just soaking into the aspen.

oh she's 7 years old! this just started- usually it would take about a week for her to go. i plan on soaking her, but i will also check her abdomen and also feel for any hardness in there. if she doesnt go in a couple of days, ill call the vet--it's better to be on the safe side.!

got home from work and soaked her again in warm water for 10 minutes, and voila! out came the four from the past four weeks! and she was soo good about it. im learning!

got home from work and soaked her again in warm water for 10 minutes, and voila! out came the four from the past four weeks! and she was soo good about it. im learning!

AHAHA.. just be glad that she's a corn, and not a constipated boa like I had a few weeks ago :)

well, im still new at caring for her, and this experience gave me more confidence knowing i can do it- and it worked!

Glad to hear things worked their way out lol!
My 5 yr old female seems to like to poo anywhere but her tank... Like the couch, her feeding bin, the bath tub.

my 4yr old corn was as regular as clockwork every 5-6 days but then after a shed once he pooed with the shed then not again for just over 4 weeks, and has been regular since but i would like you said leave it couple of days and go to vet.
i have heard that giving them cod liver oil or a very small amout of prune juice can help the poo come along, dont take this is as gospel as im not an expert, try asking one of the more experianced people about.

my 4yr old corn was as regular as clockwork every 5-6 days but then after a shed once he pooed with the shed then not again for just over 4 weeks, and has been regular since but i would like you said leave it couple of days and go to vet.
i have heard that giving them cod liver oil or a very small amout of prune juice can help the poo come along, dont take this is as gospel as im not an expert, try asking one of the more experianced people about.

I'm actually quite interested to know where/who you heard this from.

Back