• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Pooping!!!!

Bish

Corn Lover
My mom told me that she doesn't think that I will want to change the cage once every two weeks!!!Then I told her I will(but she never listens)!!!!!and I want to prove her wrong because she thinks that snakes poop alot!!!! I told her they only poop about once every two weeks but she said she will believe it when she sees it!!!So please respond so I can prove to her that I am right!!!!

Well.....first of all......they do actually poop a lot. Around 2 days after a meal, their first poop usally comes out. Then maybe a day or two later, their second poop comes out. I am assuming that you will be feeding at least once a week, so two weeks I would at least expect 4 poops in the cage. Using aspen bedding will help a lot as it absorbs a lot of the smell and it's easy to clean up. Just scope up the poop along with some aspen bedding. I would say that cleaning the whole enclosure once a month is going to be a good idea though.

Hope that this helped.....

Good Luck and Happy Herping!

Your figures are just a little off....IMHO.
Mine usually produce excretion (I believe that's the word I want) once after each feeding. So, in younger corns, you feed them once a week or maybe every 5 or 6 days, so you can probably expect to change it a little more often, following the snake's feeding schedule. Of course, if you get a decent bedding, you can spot clean, unless the poop under it, then you're going poop hunting! ;)

Note to Bish's Mom: Cornsnakes are excellent beginner snakes-- friendly, docile, small, colorful, easy to care for, just to name a few...

Some snakes might just poop once after each feeding, which would make it once a week. I think most will go twice, and some of them will go a third or even a fourth time, possibly. Each snake is a little different, and I guess that includes their metabolism... Spot cleaning aspen is pretty easy, but you can also give your snake a short bath about 2 days after feeding. They'll just about always poop in there if they have to go. You can use a tupperware dish for small snakes. When you get up to a four foot snake or so, you'll have to move them to the bathtub or other really big container for a bath.

Thanks guys, big help I think my parents are going to let me get one!!!!(I am sooooooo excited but I don't want to look immature doing so!!!!!!!)

Good luck!

My little guys poop a day or two after eating...usually just once. However, my adults poop quite a bit more (2-4 times) after eating. I use the aspen, so it is very easy to spot clean the tanks. I also deep clean my tanks every month. I hope your parents let you get a corn snake. They definitely make great pets...and that is coming from a mom. I think I like the snakes as much or more than my daughter!

She already knows!!!

kenalotia said:
You'd better not let your daughter read that, CornCrazy! She might be a little upset...

LOL :)

It's a bit too late...my daughter already knows how much I like our snakes. She's even trying to divide them up for when she goes to college...and she's only going to be 13 next week! She knows I won't let her take them all, though! She has two that are hers...no questions asked. One was a B-Day present (a cal king) and the other one she bought with her own money today (a peublan milksnake). Three are mine...2 adopted (corns) and one I bought for me (a cal king). That leaves one (a corn) and we went 50/50 for him, so I am not sure who will get him. We'll have to see when the time comes...thank goodness it's not for several years, yet. I am sure we will have many more to divide up by then, anyway! LOL!:D :D :D

Back