• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Possible Accesories

paullfc

What accesories do you reccomend to purchase to put in my vivarium i have like a twisty branch and some plastic leaves. also my snka e does not crwal through the branch and leaves all that often??

Well if by accesories you just mean hides, Anything thats within your budget and suitable would be fine. A piece of cork bark, small log etc.

If your looking for something to make the cage look nice, i guess its down to your own personal tastes. Any kind of ornament would work in there really, aslong as you make sure its safe to go in with the animal (Toxic paints etc.)

I guess it all comes down to what you want the tank to look like? Natural Habitat? Themed?

You can make a lot of hides for him/her. Toilet paper rolls, while not that pleasing to the eye, work perfect. They sell those hald logs in a lot of sizes at pet shops. Really anything is fair game.

Someone here had a really cute birdhouse as a hide which I though was really cute. You can use tarra cotta pots with a hole in it so he can get in and out. Go to a craft store, you can find load of stuff there. You can make a theme to your viv, like pirates and things of that nature.

Just make sure you have good hides on the cool side and warm sides of your vivs.

Have Fun!

IMG_1235.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg

I've changed it up a bit. It looks nicer now. I got a nice piece of drift wood, and a half log where those rocks are. Also, under his water dig I buried a toilet paper roll.

chateu_de_chompy.jpg

Thats how his tank used to look, Not got any of his current setup because its at the bare minimum at the moment.

But if your wanting a natural habitat it comes down to how much time your going to have to clean out etc... Live plants can look good, and you can leave them in their planting pots buried under the aspen but you'd have to trim them back occasionally and they can be a bit hard to get clean (Though not impossible.) Silk leaved fake plants are a bit of a no-no, I use silk leaves for the vine above but thats only because ive got a plentiful supply of them free so when it comes to cleaning time i can just chuck the vine out and make another - The leaves tend to dry off quite hard and curled. Plastic plants are another alternative.

You can use rocks and branches etc, aslong as they havent been sprayed with pesticide and you clean them well (Although, you should clean things well before putting them in your viv just to be safe they can transfer mites etc from the pet shop.) Also, baking in an oven with the item wrapped in tin foil can kill off parasites and eggs living on them (Just be careful to make sure they dont char or burn.)

If you wanted a very natural look you could sink the waterbowl down into the substrate a little and then surround it with rocks and leaves so it just appears like a body of water, But make sure you put some rocks or something the snake can use to easily get out just in case (Although most likely not needed. Depends how deep it is.)

Back