• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Possible Hypo Diffused Motley?

vovalyosha

Хоккей и
Okay, There is a snake I am wanting to get. However, since I may not, I at least wanted to know what it was so my curiosity is saved. I have guessed and compared so many pictures on IV and google, to the point of not knowing what he could actually be. I know the lighting sucks, but it was the best I can get. There is no black, hence why I am voting Hypo gene. He has the visual Motley, visual diffused, and this very same silvery colour. If someone else can see this, then I'll go with that. If not, any pointers in the right direction?

http://i46.tinypic.com/21edm4m.jpg (Otherwise, it stretches the page)

What It looks closest to, in my opinion (I just don't think it's possible for a community pet store to have this kind of corn snake and not realize it):

diffusedplatinummotley-h.jpg

And the only reason I don't say snow mot, is because the eyes are black, and he has no traces of any pink. Just the few tones of silver.

I was only asking about those three genes in appearance, as the second picture I posted is a diffused platty mot and said that that's the closest picture I could find. :/

I called the guy I know who works there and they get their corns from local breeders. He says there's a chance it could be a platty, but he'd have to compare pictures and look at it personally tomorrow. I was just wondering if anyone else could see the similarities, or if it was just me. The brownish in the first picture was just the light, which made me think something along amber lines, but when we pulled it out today, he was very silvery.

My closest guess would be an Anery Lavender Mot or Ghost Mot, and am going with the Ghost Mot because that would be typical for a pet shop, rather than an Anery Lav Mot or Platty of any nature. I am sticking with my peppermint plan and will not go back to that store for aspen until the snake is gone. Problem solved.

Looks too light to be a ghost, but it does look motley...If the pet store is buying from local breeders anything is possible ;)

This little guy BIT me! The second he did, I fell in love with him. (Pretty strange, but oh well.) He has the oddest personality, but there's the pet store thing. I'm also in the process of getting a trio for my Peppermint Tessera project and if I get this little one, which is like 80 in itself, that's nearly 1/3 of my Pep order. Oh, the life of an addiction. Such a wonderful thing. I'll go ahead and get him, and take crazy pictures so we can figure out what the heck he is. (My mother freaked out when he bit me and I popped him off and put him back in and she was all "ARE YOU BLEEDING? DID IT HURT?" and freaking out. It's touching that she cared haha. She hates snakes.)

The two "founders" of the Ultra gene told two different stories as to how/what was originally used in the "ultra" breedings, and who knows if they were even sure they knew what animal(s) it was derived from.

Back