• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Possible "Snopal Motleys" hatching!

snakepimp

ACR Breeder #0169
Well, a couple years back I started with a "lavender" male and a "motley" female. I knew the motley was proven het for amel. The offspring came out mostly normal, but out of 26, 1.2 were amels. "Sweet, the Lavender is het for amel." I said to myself. I bred that same male to a ghost (virgin) and got 100% Anerys. "Golly, he's Homozygous Anery too!" I exclaimed. I held back 1.3 of the Normals, the 1.2 Amels and 1.1 Anerys.
The "normals" are Definite triple het for Motley, Lavender, and Anery.
The Anerys are Definite hets for Hypo and LAvender.
and the Amels are definite 3xHets for Anery and Motley and Lavender.
Some of the Normals bred and I have hatched one lavender motley,
And last night a second clutch from a different female hatched, the female has not been in contact with another snake since she left the incubator, other than this male and they are carrying the Amel gene, so I just proved out my quad hets!!! That gives me the (longshot) potential to throw 'Snopal Motleys' in this clutch. They are pipping, and none have emerged. I am just so dang excited.

Attachments

• HPIM1529.JPG
    HPIM1529.JPG
    130.4 KB · Views: 277
princess said:
That is really boring and I'm not at all jealous :rolleyes:

:shrugs: Then why did you waste your time reading it and responding for that matter?

:rolleyes: what's up with that....

:eek1: I hope you are joking!!!
There's nothing at all boring about genetics...

BTW....snakepimp.... :cheers: congrats on your turnout and the possibilities!

Cool project!

I have decided that I can't really tell what the difference is between a Snopal and an Opal without the parents being homo for anery.

Can't wait to see them myself! :cheers:

No illusions.

Oh, I can't tell the difference either, Clint, I'll have to test breed, for a year or 2 before I figure out what the heck is going on. That's presuming of course that I get some that are potentially carrying those genes. I guess I just need some lavenders het for NOTHING so that I can positively indentify if my "snows" are carrying lavender.
Thank you all for your encouragement, and Princess, that made me laugh out loud, literally.

snakepimp said:
...That gives me the (longshot) potential to throw 'Snopal Motleys' in this clutch. They are pipping, and none have emerged. I am just so dang excited.

Congrats! The suprises from 'proving' breedings are half the fun (or more).

wikkedkornman said:
princess= snooty bitch

I sure hope YOU were kidding as princess was. Like the original poster, I thought her facetiousness was pretty obvious (and funny).

My goodness you two.....

OK so perhaps you're new to forums and don't understand the implied sarcasm in a ' :rolleyes: '

The purpose of ' :rolleyes: ' is to imply an expression that would be obvious if spoken but in text is not so obvious.

These Snopal motleys are perhaps the first ones of their kind ANYWHERE, of course that's exciting and of course I'm jealous but stating the obvious gets boring quickly and so taking the sarcastic tac is a little funnier now and then.

LEARN TO READ THE ROLLEYES and then comment later.

To Roy, I'm glad someone around here understands humour,

To WCMan...you forgot to add rolleyes to your post :rolleyes:

:laugh01: *wwwweeeeeewww*

I was so hoping that was being said jokingly!

forgive me?
:bowdown:

:noevil:

jeez...

wikkedkornman said:
princess= snooty bitch
Where did that come from?:noevil:

Anyway, I haven't actually produced any, like I said, I just have the potential, and the little buggers are teasing me, none of them have emerged yet...

*tick* *tock* *tick* *tock*

Last edited:
i was just being a smart ass. i can't edit, so i couldn't go back and add the rolleyes face, and i'm not paying $25 for an edit button.

Oh please do not start that debate again! I do not think that the people who have paid did so to be able to edit. This board is an awesome wealth of info and the 25 enables us to sell here (and take part in the insiders specials) and is also a way of saying thanx for the awesome place to come in and sit for a spell.

You can pay 25 and ask that your edit button be removed if you would like. :cool:

wikkedkornman said:
i was just being a smart ass. i can't edit, so i couldn't go back and add the rolleyes face, and i'm not paying $25 for an edit button.

If we start a fund and pay you $25, will you leave? :sidestep:

wikkedkornman said:

No need to be a smart a$$... :poke: there's enough meaness in the world without that senseless rubbish!
I would gladly pay the $25 for the edit button (and all the extras), This is a wonderful site!!!!

... I just dont have the extra $$$$ right now, too busy spending it all on snakes... LOL!

BUT you can rest assured I will have one of those little contributor symbols soon!!!

:rolleyes:

:grin01: hey Joejr14... :cheers:

It's all cool, y'all. As long as we <3 each other. The $25 is for the ability to post things for sale, more than anything else, if you ask me. I am proud to contribute/donate/pay for this site.

I am still waiting for the little squigglers to come out~!

Good luck, Jeremy, and let us know what hatches out.

As a side note, I always find it interesting how people choose to interpret the $25 contributor thing, because it's like a Rorschach test: it says a lot about one's self.

Joy!

All of the results thus far are as expected, Amel, Motley, Normal, Anery, and Lavender

Here's a contender. This is the only one that looks like a possible Opal+Motley. It could be a Snow+Motley, it could be a Snopal+Motley. Time will tell, but it is definitely triple homozygous for something(s). Thanks for the kind words, Charles,I will post more-complete results tomorrow, I am a bit tipsy from the wedding and it is too late to persist.

Attachments

• Lucky.jpg
    Lucky.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 129
  • Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    146.1 KB · Views: 130
Back