• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Post-regurge behavior

Perseus7589

Hey all,

About four weeks ago, corndog had a regurge (10/5). He shed shortly after(10/10), so I attribute it to him being in blue. It was his first shed with me and I didn't recognize he was in blue, otherwise I would've left him alone.

I had some issues getting a tail tip off from that shed about a week after the regurge. Being in the tub of water as Nanci described, and running through a wet washcloth, seemed to really stress corndog out. I didn't see him come out of hiding for three weeks, day or night, so I let him be. No handling of any kind. Since about last thursday (11/1), he started to come out again and clown around again in his cage.

So on Tuesday (11/6), I fed corndog a pinkie head (starting a regurge protocol). I know it was quite a long time since he regurged, but I just didn't want to risk him being too stressed out for a feed.

He ate the head right up, and immediately went into his warm hide to digest. Before his regurge, he would digest pinkies always in 3 days, and be back out and about. With this feeding though, the very next day, he was out of his warm hiding, and clowning about the cage. I found him this morning in his cool hide. The cage doesn't smell at all like another regurge, but I don't think he's poo'd either.

Do you think he could've digested that pinkie head so quickly? or is his behavior odd following a regurge?

Well I think it probably digested. I know my snake with pinkies they lump is normaly gone in a day, but i always wait 2 just in case. Pinkies normaly digest pretty fast so for a pinkie head im sure he probably digested. You will probably see a poop in a day or so

My babies are often out the next day after eating a large meal, and almost always the second day after. A head is like nothing. Of course, some snakes are more reclusive. I don't see the bloodred clutch until about the fourth or fifth day.

Back