• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Price Check?

snakehobbyist

I'm looking into possibly selling all my corns to focus on my ball python breeding projects. I've been searching Fauna and looking at Kingsnake.com and I just can't figure out what my corns are worth if/when I decide to sell them. I apologize if this is in the wrong place.

2011 0.1 Snow Motley sitting at 250g
2011 0.1 bloodred het hypo/lavender/motley PH amel/caramel sitting at 365+g
2012 1.0 Anery motley het amel sitting at 200g
2012 1.0 Hypo Lavender sitting at 100g

I just don't even know a ballpark of what they are worth! I know what I paid for them but I'm just unfamiliar with the corn market. All of them are not proven breeders but both females are breeder ready (the snow motley is going through a growth spurt and will probably be 300g before long)

Honestly, I would just use the search feature on this site and on faunaclassifieds and see if you can find what other people are selling them for. You do have to be a contributing member on this site if you want to post a sale thread, and I would say this thread is borderline a sale thread.

It is not meant to be a sales thread. I only posted it because I -did- do a search on fauna and kingsnake and I could not find these particular morphs at these sizes. I only found proven breeders or babies. Because I don't work with corns very much, I am unfamilar about the corn snake market. I only wanted an honest opinion from people who actually breed and sell these morphs to get an idea of what they are worth if I -do- decide to sell them.

If I've stepped on any toes, I do apologize. But if it's not allowed, how do I truly know what they are worth if I can't find the information by searching? I know on the ball python forums this type of post is okay as long as you aren't outright selling them. I'm not selling them...just trying to figure out their worth in today's market.

Well.... At the current moment... In my opinion....corn sales are suffering.

Based on the fact that one can buy a peppermint with hets for $100.00,

Your list of animals, at best, might get you $20.00 for the blood red... Less for the others.

Just my opinion.

Thank you for your opinion Rich. I've gotten another idea from someone on a different forum...but the numbers are so vastly different! Like...$100 difference!

Awesome!!!

I admit... My pricing was a bit off base... My apologies. And the age/weight of your animals will drastically change the value( closer to breeding size equals more $$$ ).

I'm glad to hear you've found someone willing to give you a fair price.

She wasn't willing to pay them. She was just helping me out with prices. She said maybe 50-60 for two of them, around 100 or so for the bloodred, and one for 30. I don't remember the exact number. I'm just trying to get a variety of opinions.

Back