• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

probing question

2manysnakes

I smell a rat
As most of you know we just recently acquired 13 new corn snakes. They were all mixed up, and we haven't had a chance to sit down and probe them until today (we were taught how by a herp.) All the ones that looked gravid (large noticeable bulge above the vent and feel poss. eggs) we gave nesting boxes. We are going to probe the rest and get them all named and start keeping their records. My question is, should we probe the poss. gravid ones just to be sure, or would it be to risky? My first instinct is not to, but I thought I would ask the experts :spinner: . Thank you!

2manysnakes said:
As most of you know we just recently acquired 13 new corn snakes. They were all mixed up, and we haven't had a chance to sit down and probe them until today (we were taught how by a herp.) All the ones that looked gravid (large noticeable bulge above the vent and feel poss. eggs) we gave nesting boxes. We are going to probe the rest and get them all named and start keeping their records. My question is, should we probe the poss. gravid ones just to be sure, or would it be to risky? My first instinct is not to, but I thought I would ask the experts :spinner: . Thank you!
If they are actually gravid, their gender will be obvious from the eggs they laid. If they are not gravid but have some internal deformities or tumors, their gender will not matter after the necropsy. Let them be and hope they lay fertile eggs.

Back