• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Problem Shed, maybe?

J.T.Cosmo

My problem is due to me being away for a few days with hubby looking after snake there seems to have been some miscommunication. He was blue last friday so had refused his thursday feed. When i came home hubby said it was over with so i assumed he had already shed and i fed him earlier today and he took it straight away. When i went to get him out i noticed loose skin around his mouth, just then hubby came home and thats when he told me he hadnt shed yet, he had just cleared up 2days ago. I just wanted to know if this will cause any problems with his shed. He went straight to his hide and stayed there. That was 6 hours ago and he hasnt come out yet. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thank you. :eek1:

It won't hurt anything. He'll shed when he's ready. It wouldn't hurt to mist his viv. If you don't see a shed 48 hours after you've fed him, then it's ok to take a peek at him and see what is going on. I wouldn't mess with him now, though.

Nanci

Cheers!

Thanks for the quick response, i just wanted to make sure. I have already misted the viv earlier just incase. I guess i'll need to apologise to hubby when he gets home from work, kind of got mad at him.

Well, probably if hubby saw a clear snake out crawling around, he'd assume it had shed. How would he know there's a clear phase. I fall for that all the time.

Nanci

Now i know im going to need to be really extra nice to him. Dont mind being nice when i feel like it but its an effort when i dont.Lol. Need to make sure i do it in a way i dont admit any fault on my part or he wont let me forget it.

Back