• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

programs for tracking feeding, sheding,weight etc

atm4747

does any one know of any program for keeping track of snakes eating, sheding etc like a word program or excel or publisher or something i currently keep track on the cage itself untill i get a chance to write it in a tablet but would like to do it on the computer thanks for all your help April

FreeHerp is what I use, and its free to dowload here: www.proherp.com But for some reason the website isnt working? Unless someone knows where else to download it from or maybe you can get the program from someone. I think there is another free program out there, but I forget what its called.

atm4747 said:
does any one know of any program for keeping track of snakes eating, sheding etc like a word program or excel or publisher or something i currently keep track on the cage itself untill i get a chance to write it in a tablet but would like to do it on the computer thanks for all your help April
I just sent you an e-mail.:wavey:

try this

go here
http://thegeckocam.com/
and download the Herp Care Software
works pretty good for me.
you can keep track of each snake including birth date, acquisition date, feeding, shedding, length, weight, breeding, enclosures, including cleaning schedules of enclosures and even have pictures of each animal with it's stats.
I like it.....and it was free

thanks for all your help im checking them all out right know they all seem to be pretty good now the decision which one to use thanks to all who contributed god bless

mbdorfer said:
The Deigi application looks great, but for 2K, I'll stick with Free Herp. Does everything I need :cheers:

...2k?....

Are you really doing that kind of volume to need the PRO version?

You might want to take a look at the standard version, or even more so, the free version.

;)

SevierSerpents said:
...2k?....

Are you really doing that kind of volume to need the PRO version?

You might want to take a look at the standard version, or even more so, the free version.

;)
Of course not, I think the standard version was $750, and figured the free version was just a trial :shrugs:

Jen built this is excel.. We print this onto Recipe cards with names... This image won't be up to terribly long..

Chart.jpg

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Failed to mention, the top section is printed on one side of the card while the bottom section is printed on the back side..

www.degei.com

its great, and i believe the price is $20 for the standard version. those higher prices are for the programs, that give you the ability to scan items, using a barcode system. People with 100 or more breeding animals will be most likely to buy the more expensive version. For $20 (maybe $25) it is well worth what you get.

mike17l said:
www.degei.com

its great, and i believe the price is $20 for the standard version. those higher prices are for the programs, that give you the ability to scan items, using a barcode system. People with 100 or more breeding animals will be most likely to buy the more expensive version. For $20 (maybe $25) it is well worth what you get.
Thanks for the clarification Mike, I may give it a try now :cheers:

mbdorfer said:

No prob, I love the program. I really do not know what I would do with out it. I have an ID number (you can use a name) for each snake in the program, and I have a piece of tape with that corresponding number on each tub. I feed/clean/ect, then go put it in the computer. The interface is easy to use. I have used a couple free programs, that were not user friendly. degei is one of the best user friendly programs around. The free version, is just that free. There are no strings (time periods) attached. You just do not get any user support, or updates.

Hope this helps anyone looking for a computer program to better maintain herps.

mbdorfer said:

And just for reference, we have quite a lot of boas and corns. The standard version works just fine, and yes, is only $20. So I wouldn't quite go for anything other than standard at this point. But there's always the option to upgrade. Damon's support is great too. I bet you'll like it. ;)

Here is something for those not so computer savvy users... It's just a basic calendar where you write in the month and dates with a Notes section at the bottom to include any other info about vet visits and etc... I would just tape it to the side of the viv or have it near by... The programs are nice, but if you don't want to learn how to use them but want to be able to keep track of feedings, shedding, etc, this should do... Just write the event on the calendar...

Click on the reptilecalendar.doc at the following link...
http://www.esnips.com/web/johntcaldwellsOtherStuff

reptilecalendar.png

Back