• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Programs...

bityrock

I was wondering what computer programs there are out there that help with keeping track of everything with your snakes? I'm getting ready to get 8 new snakes as well as the 2 I already have, and figure that seeing how I'm on the Computer so much already, that this would help me to track sheds and feedings for everyone, as well as vet stuff and breedings (when I get to that Point) all that fun stuff. Thanks everyone. Oh and if you could tell me where to find them as well as cost.

Amanda

Thats awesome, have one question how can I add morphs in there for the Corns? I have Lavendars and Normals and it doesn't have that as an option.

Amanda

??? Make sure you have pantheropsis guttatus (corn snake) selected as the species. When you click member info and scroll down there will be a list of genes where you can check whether the corn is het or homo for any morphs. Both of yours should be on that list.
Duff's program covers a few different kinds of snakes and if you have yours as another species than corn only the morphs for that species will show on member info
...I think.

No I mean on the little pull down list for the color that the snake you have is, not the het and homo for. I got that part figured out but how can I go in and change the color for ones that I have on there already like I have a Flurescent Amel and I had to add that color into the pul down but now that he is already in the system it has him as a butter, seeing how I didn't know before I put him in.

Amanda

If you click the normal instead of het or homo button shouldnt that fix it?
IDK hopefully Duff can help you out. If you entered it you should be able to edit it and save the changes:shrugs:

Under the Edit menu, you can manage the genes and morphs (names and genes involved). As for animals that have already been added, looks like I'll have to look into why that info can't be changed on an existing animal's Member Info tab.

Update: Just did a quick check, and it appears there is indeed a bug with changing genes on an existing animal. I'll fix that up soon as I can and put the update out when it's ready. Sorry about that, and thanks for finding it.

Last edited:
Hi, I came across this thread and downloaded your program as well...it seems very cool and helpful. However, when I try to record a "feed" activity on a snake, the drop down box for food item is empty? It won't let me type into it either? On the snake's info I have a regular food type saved. Not sure what I might be doing wrong? Thanks

Hey..I just downloaded the corn snake assist program and now I have a virus everytime I open my recycle bin..I deleted the program but the virus keeps coming up...Has anyone else had this problem?

I downloaded it a little bit ago today and it is fine....no viruses here. In fact, I figured out the answer to my question about the "feed" item being blank......you have to add inventory of feeders first. (duh, I feel kinda silly now :))

No idea about the virus, but I seriously doubt it's related. Was just on my site and there's no evidence that any of the files have been hacked.

One of these days, I'll have to get around to writing up some documentation for those little things like the feeder inventory. I'm just not much of a writer, and haven't had time to get to it. But if anyone wants to add their writing skills, I'd give credit where due, lol.

And finally, the above mentioned bug should be fixed now. Just uploaded the new files, so if you do the update, you should be able to modify the genes of existing animals again. Sorry for any troubles it caused, and thanks everyone who's used the program and helped to point out issues.

Me, personally, I prefer using graph paper notebooks. just in case the computer crashes I have everything on paper. Hard ware fails and Operating systems get corrupted. I prefer to have everything on paper.

Seeing how I use to do book keeping I back up all my files off the computer and onto a flashdrive. PLus for the month I keep a record on my calendar of when things happen. I like the program because it puts it all right at my finger tips so that I don't have to go and dig it up here and there. Just trying to make my life easier, seeing how i work from home, chase 2 kids (8 and 5 years old) and "play" house wife as well. Life is busy around here.

Amanda

Hey thanks also Duff for the program. It's a huge help already. Looks like this is helping a few others out as well.

Amanda

Back