• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Progression blueberries, herbs and much more

susang

We live in a mobil home park, both of us have ortho problems. Sooooo we do raised beds, we pack a lot in, do intensive feeding and trimming. This is the first year I have done flowers other then pansies and roses. The blueberry bed is new this year and anticipate about 5-7 pounds off the six plants. The raspberries are three years old and this year we should get enough to make a couple batches of jam, there are 3-4 varieties in that bed. We have strawberries and average about 1-2 cups a day for a good part of late spring and summer. We also planted kiwis this year but the females got hit by late freeze, so don't know if we'll get any. The herbs you see are from last year and I'm amazed they made it through the winter. Tomatoes went in today fingers crossed, peppers have been in for around 10 days.
We can tomatoes, tomato sauce with our own herbs and tomatoes. Jams we buy fruit from local growers. Fresh berries are just so good out of garden in morning.

Attachments

• DSC00299.JPG
    DSC00299.JPG
    154.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00301.JPG
    DSC00301.JPG
    164.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00302.JPG
    DSC00302.JPG
    138.9 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00306.JPG
    DSC00306.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00310.JPG
    DSC00310.JPG
    153.9 KB · Views: 60
and more the last picture is my growing passion for reddish/green (bloody dock) and purple/green plants

Attachments

• DSC00314.JPG
    DSC00314.JPG
    186.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00318.JPG
    DSC00318.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00333.JPG
    DSC00333.JPG
    37.6 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00338.JPG
    DSC00338.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00341.JPG
    DSC00341.JPG
    146 KB · Views: 60
a portion of the strawberries, the new flower bed in progress ( the tall flowery stuff is actually mescalin mix) and one of the two roses we kept called 'sentimental'

Attachments

• DSC00287.JPG
    DSC00287.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00288.JPG
    DSC00288.JPG
    168.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSC00289.JPG
    DSC00289.JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC00285.JPG
    DSC00285.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 58
Your garden is beautiful! And I'm so jealous about your raspberries. ;_; It's been so cold here that mine hasn't even put out buds yet.

Where are you located? We disked our strawberries under back in early April, were actually on our last week of cantaloupe, markets just to bad.

Something you might like to try and its not to costly are these hydroponic stackers
NPF6291.jpg

Your garden is beautiful! And I'm so jealous about your raspberries. ;_; It's been so cold here that mine hasn't even put out buds yet.

Wow we had a really cold freezing winter, last bad freeze about one month ago. It killed our jasmine. I thought it would have affected our berries more/

Where are you located? We disked our strawberries under back in early April, were actually on our last week of cantaloupe, markets just to bad.

Something you might like to try and its not to costly are these hydroponic stackers
NPF6291.jpg

We are in southern OR and have rain for most of it seems like 6 weeks, we should have 3-4 days of sun and then back to rain until June 4th, it is like 56 outside right now. We thought about hydroponic and some people around here who do it. All our beds have drip irrigation.

Our yard is still a work in progress we have lived here 5 years and the back was two layers of black plastic covered by probably a ton of hideous red rock. We are still pulling up plastic in spots.

We are in southern OR and have rain for most of it seems like 6 weeks, we should have 3-4 days of sun and then back to rain until June 4th, it is like 56 outside right now. We thought about hydroponic and some people around here who do it. All our beds have drip irrigation.

Our yard is still a work in progress we have lived here 5 years and the back was two layers of black plastic covered by probably a ton of hideous red rock. We are still pulling up plastic in spots.

Yeah drip is about the best way to go with raised beds, we only use our overheads for freezes, keep up with the good work, if you have any questions feel free to ask me on either blueberries or strawberries, I'm used to mass operations but I'll help as much as I can.

That rose is just gorgeous! The raised beds are such a good idea, I hope your crops do well for you!

You have a lovely garden!! The strawberries look like they're going to be awesome :) We've had an unusually cold spring here so it's only just now that stuff is starting to get going (with the exception of my very happy garlic).

:idea: I should post a pic of the sun we haven't seen it in so long, but I'm afraid if I do it will go away. As it is the sun is supposed to last until Monday. Then more rain.

Great garden Su!

We are lucky up here in the Pacific Northwest as gardening is relatively fun and easy, as we can grow such a large variety. I grew up on 50 acres with huge gardens, orchards and berry patches (we even had blueberry trees) and I miss it a lot. I currently own 3 acres but haven't had the time to actually plant a garden this year- so I go out to my parents to snatch some of their freshly grown fruits and veggies! To make a long story short- I am jealous!

Nice pics! I have a miniature rose in that color- I love it!

Wow do you know the name, is it fragrant. I love this rose and it smells great, but a mini would be awesome.

Great garden Su!

We are lucky up here in the Pacific Northwest as gardening is relatively fun and easy, as we can grow such a large variety. I grew up on 50 acres with huge gardens, orchards and berry patches (we even had blueberry trees) and I miss it a lot. I currently own 3 acres but haven't had the time to actually plant a garden this year- so I go out to my parents to snatch some of their freshly grown fruits and veggies! To make a long story short- I am jealous!

I know even after the summer one of my favorite crops start mushrooms fresh morels and even better chanterelles. I could eat them everyday, ;)

Great thread, Susan. Now I'm hungry.

I can eat mushrooms raw from the grocery store, washed of course, until I'm full.

Back