• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Putting another corn in with mine?

whiffin

Just Another Member
I have an adult male corn snake. He is getting a new vivarium built ... 48"x15"x20"

1. I was wondering, if I bought another adult of similar size, could I safely house them together or would they fight?

2. If yes, would another male be OK? Or is female better

3. Would my snake prefer to have a 'friend', or would he rather be solo?

4. If yes, I assume that getting a different colour would be fine?

Many thanks

Hi Suzy,

First question - no

second question - neither would be good. (males could fight or one would be the bully all the time, Female would be constantley harassed & unexpected eggs & babies all the time that can drain the health of the female).

third question - snakes are solitary by nature only finding each other at times of breeding. (again forced cohabitation can result in bullying, fighting & unwanted offspring).

fourth question - getting a different color is fine as long as you appreciate it in it's own tank.

Hope this helped.

<----- See this little darling who is my avatar?
Cohabbing led to the death of his mother.

So yes, what everyone else said......

what about dividing the tank?
As long as it's big enough and secure. I've read more threads than you'd believe about divided tanks that turned out to be not so divided...sometimes resulting in the death of one of the inhabitants....(read: king finds corn)

As long as it's big enough and secure. I've read more threads than you'd believe about divided tanks that turned out to be not so divided...sometimes resulting in the death of one of the inhabitants....(read: king finds corn)

i hear you. but if they do it proper and secure, it should work right? by proper i mean a strong piece of material either plexiglass or sealed wood high enough to the lid and being held in place by silicone

i hear you. but if they do it proper and secure, it should work right? by proper i mean a strong piece of material either plexiglass or sealed wood high enough to the lid and being held in place by silicone
Sure, a lot of times the problem is them climbing over the divider though... for two full grown corns I would use at least a 40 long ( do they make those?)

Will not divide tank ... want to give Suzy a nice home

Just one snake for me then guys :crying: ... will keep the missus happy anyway :nyah:

Cheers for advice

PS Getting a kick ass new vivarium made for him ;)

You could look into double stands or a rack system for your snake. You can keep several in the floor space that one takes up.

your little guy is going to be so spoiled!

Or you could keep the large tank for something larger, like a black milk or bull snake, and get something else for your corn...
I'm just sayin'. It's totally what I would do, lol.

Back