• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Python query

stroodsue

hiya folks!!
What would you tell me are the signs to look for in m Ball(Royal) python, as in coming into shed??

He's only a kid... hatched 30th June 2010,
1st shed was 10th July, then 1st October, which made a 12 week gap, we are now on 13 weeks no signs of pinking...

He hasn't shed with me yet,

thank you all in advance!!!!

Sue xxxx

If he's a normal, the first thing I notice with mine is his belly turn salmon and then red- almost like he's sore or something.

Hi AliCat,
Yes Woddewick in a normal, there was a touch of pinking.. couple weeks ago, but nothing like i would imagine hes should go.. If its anything like my corns..

Nah, you'd notice it :) I was so scared that Ramesses had scale rot the first time I saw his belly turn pink! I've noticed that his belly turns pink anywhere from a week to a few days before he even starts to get gray, so the pinking up is really your best indicator.

My girl's eyes go blue, but not the rest of her. I'm watching her belly for next time she sheds.

excellent girls thank you! pinking here we come lol
next part... hehe, soooo how often do you notice that your Pythons actually shed. as I say, this will be his first with me,his sheds have been..

hatched 30th June, shed 10th July...
Next was 1st October that was 12 weeks,
now were at 14 weeks I am waiting!!!!!!..... I think it MUST be imminent!

Sorry for the late reply as my email nots. had gone to spam grrr, fixed that now!

They definitely don't shed as much as the corns.. In two and a half years mine has only shed 12 times, but shows significant growth. But Ramesses is one of those that has eating issues, but here's his shed dates:
Hatch: 7/19/09
Sheds: 7/28/09
1/11/10
3/3/10
4/29/10
7/10/10
8/31/10
10/22/10
12/9/10
3/9/11
6/14/11
8/12/11
10/1/11

Unfortunately my 2009 corn that hatched a few days apart from Ramesses passed away because of the whole escape/cat thing. But my 2010 motely has also shed 11 times, and is an entire year younger.

Back