• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about an Okeetee.

LouisianaLure

Just a Corny Newb
I've been looking for a while for the perfect okeetee. From what i've found, the name of my favorite is a Ziggy Okeetee? Is this the correct name?

I've seen only two so far, and one is for sale on Cornutopia. The other I saw a picture of on kingsnake.com's forum, owned by a guy with the name draybar. I just want to get an exact name, or atleast make sure I have the right one. If that one on Cornutopia isn't there when I have the money for it, I want to make sure I find another one. Thanks for any reply's.

Steve-O

This is the picture from kingsnake.com (property of Jimmy Johnson [Draybar])
9600zipperb2-med.jpg

The one on cornutopia looks like it might have thicker outlines, darker saddles, but i'm inexperienced, and don't know for sure. That would be what I want though.

Zigzags are simply animals with a particular type of aberrant saddles. Okeetees are line-bred "normals" for vibrant colors, and usually for thick black borders.

The one on CornUtopia looks to be a higher quality Okeetee, but you'd have to raise it from a baby and they're not as hardy as adults, like the one on ks.com. However I will say that anything you get from Kathy Love is pretty much guaranteed a good purchase. She's very highly renowned in our little community whereas I've never heard of the ks.com guy. Doesn't mean he's not selling a good animal, just saying I've yet to hear of him.

The one on CornUtopia looks to be a higher quality Okeetee, but you'd have to raise it from a baby and they're not as hardy as adults, like the one on ks.com. However I will say that anything you get from Kathy Love is pretty much guaranteed a good purchase. She's very highly renowned in our little community whereas I've never heard of the ks.com guy. Doesn't mean he's not selling a good animal, just saying I've yet to hear of him.

Just to clarify, Draybar isn't selling that particular snake. He is breeding her though, and I might get on his list for next year if I can't get the one on Kathy's site in time.

Just to clarify, Draybar isn't selling that particular snake. He is breeding her though, and I might get on his list for next year if I can't get the one on Kathy's site in time.

Just as an FYI... zigzag does not necessarily breed true. It's not inherited the way most of the morphs are.

Just as an FYI... zigzag does not necessarily breed true. It's not inherited the way most of the morphs are.

I kind of thought that, since that particular morph is so rare. I've looked at thousands of Okeetee pics in the past month, and only have seen the zigzag the two times I listed. Thanks for the info!

Check with Jeff Cochran on Kingsnake.com he has some beautiful animals and good deals right now. Good luck

I kind of thought that, since that particular morph is so rare. I've looked at thousands of Okeetee pics in the past month, and only have seen the zigzag the two times I listed. Thanks for the info!

That's just it. It's *not* a morph. It's an "oopsie!" in the saddles.

Check with Jeff Cochran on Kingsnake.com he has some beautiful animals and good deals right now. Good luck

i'm actually waiting on an e-mail from Jeff right now. He has a few left out of his clutches from this year, but he said they've been worked over pretty well this season. He's supposed to send me some pictures, and we'll go from there.

I have a few of his. What he has left is still very nice! His bloodreds are cool also. Good luck. Lee

I just wanted to mention that Jimmy has awesome animals and is a great guy to deal with. He has the *best* bairdis IMO (I bought two from him) and I dont hesitate to refer people to him.

Good luck with whatever you decide!

I have heard that he has great snakes also. I think as long as you choose a breeder from this community you will be very satisfied. Lee

well crap

Lol.. I just spoke to Kathy Love on the phone, and she has sold the Okeetee I had my eye on. Maybe better luck next year! She is going to update her site today, so maybe she'll have a good lookin female left that I can get my hands on.

I just e-mail Jeff Cochran, hopefully he has a female left.

THE SEARCH CONTINUES:headbang::headbang:

Back