• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about cameras

Kokopelli

Resident Boa Fanatic
I hope to get some clue here...

I have a Canon S5 IS and it's okay... however, it's not as comfortable as I would like... the flash is positioned in a way that you get dead black space if you use take macro shots with flash on.
Though it has a very high ISO option, it's impossible to actually take photos with- even on a stand.

All in all I would have loved a lighter camera... which cameras would you recommend for a hobbyist?

Personally, I love the Pentax DSLRs. Great bang for the buck and super features like shake reduction and weathersealing without breaking the bank. I use the K10D, but the new Kx is seriously nice!

nikon D3000 (not to be confused with the D300) is a GREAT bang for your buck! it's an entry level DSLR, with full manual control, and opportunity to buy external flashes and extra lenses.

it's versatile enough, and cheap enough! runs about $500 at best buy.

You know what? I'm an idiot- I forgot to mention that what costs 500$ for you costs around 1200$ here- as it needs to be imported.
I think I will delay this notion of buying a serious camera until I visit abroad at some point :)

nikon D3000 (not to be confused with the D300) is a GREAT bang for your buck! it's an entry level DSLR, with full manual control, and opportunity to buy external flashes and extra lenses.

it's versatile enough, and cheap enough! runs about $500 at best buy.

for instance, this camera costs 2000-3000$ here :laugh01:

Meh

you were close try the rebel xsi by cannon lighter easier menus built in flash and i'm pretty sure it has auto zoom

It is not really the camera if you are using a DSLR as much as the lens and proper lighting. Are you using a diffuser? Do you understand DOF, shutter speed, and ISO? If not or just want to learn some good tips, I use this forum http://photography-on-the.net/forum/index.php and have learned a great deal from the members. I hope this helps.

Back