• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

question about feeding containers

danigurrl

Kahn's Mommy
Can I use the same feeding container for more than one snake (not at the same time obviously.) Right now all my snakes have their own container marked in sharpie. I just got a new guy thought and right now he doesn't have his own container. Can I use one of the other snake's containers? Or will it leave some strange scent or something to upset one of my guys? What If I wash it before and after??

I have around 25 snakes at the house right now and its been my experience that wiping down the feeding container and then using it with another snake does not cause any problems.

Agree... There was a recent thread on this that I could not find but you should definitely clean the container after each feeding. Better safe than sorry.

use paper towels to line the feeding box then u can just change the paper towel between each feeding

I've heard that males often won't eat if a female has been in the tub before them. :shrugs: So just feed your males first, and as far as I'm aware, there shouldn't be any other problems. A quick wipe down every now and then wouldn't do any harm, though.

My 2 cents - DON'T use paper towels. I used to do this, and then I found one of my hatchlings who was in the process of eating one, and the paper got stuck. I gently pulled it out and he was okay. The thing is, he could have choked and died. You see, pinkies kind of stick to the paper towel. I am not the only one that this has happened to. So if you do put a paper towel in there, you have to sit right there and watch the whole time. I like to leave them alone (and clean their cage) while they eat, like many do. So no more paper towels for me. I do use them to wipe up however.
More on topic, you can use the container for others, after wiping out, if your sure none of your snakes has parasites, mites, etc., or you could spread a disease to all of them. And who can be sure of that? It is, of course, safer to use individual containers, but I bet most people don't.

Back