• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about keeping a ball and a corn in a divided tank...

tirevy

So I'm seriously considering getting a ball python. The thing is, I'm moving out next year to a rented house with 6 other people. So, naturally, my room will be quite small, and having to keep two tanks in it (I already have a corn snake) will take up a lot of space. My corn right now is in a 20G tank, and it's quite long. Anyway, I'd need about that size or bigger for a ball, and that's just going to be too big.

So what if I got a 55G tank and divided it? a) would it be big enough for each snake to live in, b) would it be okay to have a ball and a corn in the same tank, but divided, and c) would this basically work?

Any help please! Thanks!

I would just get a rack if I where you because even if you divided a tank lets say that 55 gallon it would only leave each snake 2ft x 1ft and that's not alot of space for a ball python.

Make a rack yourself. There's some sites I could PM you a link to that have great DIY ideas for a rack system for pretty darn cheap, not sure if this site has them, but I bet it does. ;)
Look around and if you want the links, I can send them.
Racks take up hardly any space at all, depending on what you make it with, how many snakes it is intended to hold, etc.

Also you should consider that a corn snake and a ball python are from different parts of the world, and may have different care requirements regarding temp and humidity.

I would think that would be hard just because the temp requirements of the ball python. I wouldn't recommend it but it is possible.

Given the info you provided, I would ask, do you really need a ball python at this time in your life?

Seems it could possibly be a hassle given your up-coming living arrangements; frankly, I'd pass on the buying urge now and perhaps in a couple of years, re-consider; stick with your corn for now and perhaps give him/her more weekly attention - my two cents.

Back