• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

question about rodentpro

aNi-DiFrAnCo

I am looking to start ordering my corns' food online, but rodentpro has a minimum order of one bag which contains 100 large pinkies (which I need) but I don't think I need 100 since my corn is still growing fast and by the time I would be done with the bag, she should be eating larger food. I don't want to buy more than I need and let it go to waste. I was told you don't have to buy that many, but I am not sure by looking at the site. By the way, my corn is now 22 inches long.

I've bought from Rodent Pro for going on 3 years now, but I've never heard of an option of buying less than 100 for pinkies.

At 22 inches are you sure you wouldn't want to step up to at least peach fuzzies? At least then, when the snake outgrows eating just one fuzzy, you can feed 2-3 fuzzies per meal until you run out of the mice.

You don't have to just buy one size if you reread the ordering you will see you can buy 100, pinkies fuzzy's hoppers. You can mix sizes.

I just searched some sites to buy pinkies from and did find several that sold pinkies in bags of 50, but they were about twice as expensive as 100 from RodentPro. I did order from RodentPro for the first time, and am waiting for delivery in about a week. My own breeder mice simply couldn't keep up with the number of hatchlings I got this year.

I have only ordered from Rodentpro one time, but I was not impressed. My mice and rats all came in ziplock type freezer bags. I had to vacuum pack them all myself. This is the only time I've ordered rodents from anywhere, but I really figured that they would come vacuum sealed. My order was fairly large, enough to last 6 months or so, so I had to have them vacuum sealed. Maybe my expectation was wrong. :shrugs:

I'm confused...

ani-difranco, I thought you were outraged by rodentpro and would never buy from them? :shrugs: in another thread you wrote:

Better Business Buereau anyone?? I have never ordered rodents from either source but I think that since many people have complained about the DEPLORABLE condition of the food rodents from Rodent Pro they should maybe take it to the BBB. They come into the forum writing in all caps (which is annoying and difficult to read) trying to explain away their fallacies and justify their actions.. I would NEVER EVER feed those half decomposed and feces/urine covered rodents to my snake and I hope no one else will either. I know I sound a bit harsh but it makes me mad that this supposedly "reputable" company would take money for disgusting feces and urine covered rotting "food" to feed to snakes and such. Would any of us humans eat a steak or any other meat products that was half decomposed and or feces/urine covered?? I think now. I would not feed anything like that to my snake either. I hope rodent pro takes a tip from what we are all saying because it endangers our animals lives by feeding them contaminated food. Thank you for listening to my rant but I am sure you all can understand where I am coming from. Peace, love, drink and be merry

I'm not trying to be rude at all, I'm just wondering what made you change your mind about them as I am also looking into buying mice online. And I also don't need bags of 100 pinkies. ;)

More Snakes!!

Ani and moonshadow,
The answer to your dilemna of having to order 100 pinkies is to go ahead and get more snakes!! :crazy02:

I've only used RodentPro, and am satisfied with their product. I have had the occasional bag that had some feces or urine, but I tend to be a realist. How many mice do they breed or ship in any given week? Even that box of cereal you eat every morning has a government/industry accepted level of insect parts and/or rodent hairs etc. in it.

I believe their bags of pinkies only come in 100 lots.

D80

Well, as I've already said I've been buying from Rodent Pro for a few years now, and while sometimes there is bedding and feces in the bags, the mice themselves are of good quality. Frankly, I've never minded that there are urine/feces mixed in because I think this makes for a better feeding response from my snakes.

I also agree with Drizzt80...I haven't had to kill any mice from my colony yet, but I really can't see how it would be possible to keep the mice from eliminating on themselves and others as they die from CO2 asphyxiation.

Also, compared to the mice that I used to get from a local breeder, the mice from Rodent Pro, besides being much cheaper, are 200% better looking. I swear the guy I used to buy from must have let them sit out dead for a while before freezing them, because they were BAD!

I'd have to agree with Tim. My Aztec is 22" long and very slender and she's eating a fuzzy and a pinky.

I went to the pet store and got her some peach fuzzies. The guy only gave me 3. I want to start ordering online because then I won't have to keep going out every few weeks to the pet shop and buy more. I find that mail ordering is a lot more convienient. As for my previous post at the time I didn't know too much about Rodent Pro and all the negative commentary I saw on that particular thread made me reply in such a manner, but obviously they can't be but so bad because they are still in business and a lot of people use them to buy and I thought I might give them a shot just to see if they weren't as bad as I thought.
I just don't know if buying that many fuzzies is a good idea since she is growing so fast. I know I can always double up at feedings, but I don't want to buy them and end up having to throw half of them away because they weren't eaten in enough time.

Frozen mice

I have never used RodentPro but I have used Big Cheese Rodent Factory. I was very happy with the product. It was vacuumed sealed very nice and was packed great for shipping. So that is who I will probaly stick with. The sell pinkies in bags of fifty. They may be a little more expensive but I like what I got so the little bit extra is worth it to me. I have a pack of pinkies and pack of medium mice in the freezer if anyone wants me to post pics of them so you can see, let me know I will be more than happy to do so.

Back