• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question About Scales

Pandora

I am new with snakes and I got mone already half grown. The other night while handling her, I noticed a scale that looked like it was should I say, cracking off? And in 2 other spots where scales should have been it was smooth white instead. I know that she shed not to long before I got her. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does anyone know what this is?

I only have a web cam, and it's really hard to get her to hold still. I'm not so much concerned about the white spots as I am tha "cracking scale" Speaking of pics, how do you guys get your snakes to hold still for photos?

In most of our pics, they have to be held, or there's just no chance. Even then... yes, quick shutter fingers help. :laugh:

I'm not sure what could have caused the cracking scale pandora, but I wouldn't worry about it too much. a little neosporin or triple antibiotic cream might help it from cracking any more than it already is, but it should be fine next one or two times that he sheds.

about mites, ticks, or whatever you want to call them, does anyone have pics of a snake that has them? I've been having trouble getting a visual image.

I think there's a picture of what they look like in the Cornsnake Manual. It's too bad you didn't get this months' Cornsnake Newsletter as it had a whole article on ticks. I'm sure if you do a search on the forum here, there will be a picture of some somewhere.

Back