• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about taking my corn outside

tirevy

What temperature is good for her? Also, if I were bringing her to a school to show little kids, how long can I keep her out of her tank? What should I transport her in? I heard somewhere that a dark cloth bag would work, as it would give her more security. How often should I be able to do this?

Thanks!

You probably want to be careful taking her out if it's much below 70. That's doesn't mean you can't, just that you should protect her from the cold somehow. You can use heat packs and/or put her in an insulated container (a cooler could work).

You can put her in a pillowcase or in a plastic bin that has holes. Personally, if I'm taking mine to work, I put them in a plastic bin with a good layer of shavings and then they just burrow under. You have to be sure they haven't eaten in the last 2 days, but they don't require heat if you keep them in a normal room temp. I also try to make sure they've pooped if they ate recently when deciding which one to take that day. When you have her out to be handled, she'll get some body heat from you anyways. Each snake has a different personality as to how much handling they seem to prefer, but I take mine to work on a semi-regular basis (maybe once a month or every other month) and have them out for up to about a half hour or so a couple times during the day. One in particular is very good with this, but I have had him the longest. If you only have one, you'll need to time feedings appropriately based on any scheduled showings.

Back