• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question about Ty's behavior - Is he hungry?

chag67

Ty regurgitated his fuzzy last Sun/Mon. All temps and everything were good. The size of the fuzzy was not too big and he had ate fuzzies the past 2 feedings. So I am not sure why he regurged but nonetheless.
I was going to wait 2 weeks to offer another fuzzy but I noticed something last night that I haven't noticed before. Ty was really exploring his Viv last night. I have seen him do this sporadically before but he really was exploring last night. He ran and hid when he saw me. Normally he stays hidden the whole night after I "catch" him out. But last night, every time I came into his "room" he was out and exploring. I also noticed that he has made a few tunnels through the bedding that were not there last week.

My question - Is this a sign that he is looking for food? Should I try and offer him a fuzzy tonight? The last time he kept a fuzzy down was Jan 13. He regurged on Jan 20/21. I was planning on waiting until Feb 1/2 but not if he is hungry now.

You should not offer him a fuzzy at all. You should offer him a prey item half the size of what he regurged- something like a medium pink. Then if that stays down okay, you can gradually increase the prey size. But you really only need to not feed him for 8-10 days, not a whole two weeks. And it would be optimal to buy Nutribac and put it on all his meals, for about the next six months.

And yes, he's most likely looking for food.

Well dummy me forgot to buy Nutribac while picking up some pinkies.

But good news though. Ty ate a small pinky in his feeding tub. I did have to cover him but he ate it nonetheless. No visible bump at all.

Next week, I'll give him 2 small pinkies.

Nutribac is probiotics for reptiles. I'd be surprised if you found it at a chain store- I've always had to order it on line.

I forgot to say- also slit his prey from now on to make it easier to digest. Like 4-5 slits down the back, one through the skull.

Back