• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question About Velcro

Cora

sorry I havent been around for a while, since I have been on I got another Corn, I will post a Pic soon, I am housing for the time being in a 15 gallon tank but I need a way to secure the lid. so I have a question about how you attach the Velcro to your tank lids.. just wondering if there is a safe material to use to attach..

( I suspect that you will probally tell me and I will feel like I should have figured it out LOL)

thanks for you help
:)

I have 2, 10gal aquariums that are mfg by Top Fin that are narrower than the standard, rendering the metal clips useless for holding the screen tops. I've used the self adhesive Velcro on these 2 viv's since last October with zero escapes. :cheers:

I use the self adhesive for my plastic label - holders. But I have used clear silicone seal /caulk (the kind used to seal glass aquariums) to stick it to the glass and lid. I wasn't sure I wanted to trust the self adhesive to keep a snake in the cage.

Ok Thanks, I will pick up some of the silicone seal. I just wanted to make sure that what ever material I used would be safe in case my snake did come into contact with it. I'm not sure if I trust the self adhesive myself either.

Thank you muchly

The silicone is rather stinky when first used, but it will not be on the inside of the cage anyway. If possible, let it dry a couple of days in a well ventilated area. But you will be using such a small amount that I can't imagine it would be a real problem outside a typical cage.

mm stinky sounds like fun. lol
The weather has been nice so hopefully I can do it outside!

Thank you

Back