• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question bout pink snow

dreamdraka

<3 gobby<3
I have a pink snow hatchling, I was lookin at pictures to get an idea of what he will look like when he is an adult. http://www.morphgallery.com/pages/snow/snow.html this site shows him going from pink to white. when i first got him he was a whitish pink, after his first shed (since i got him) he turned more of a darker pale pink.rather then white pink. here's a before and after pic lol

Nice little snow. Unless I missed something in what you wrote, I don't see any question. What's the question on it?

it varies with snows. he could end up getting white. he could end up getting pink. the pink blotches could turn into yellowish-greenish colored blotches. there is just too much variation in snows to give a definitive answer on what he'll end up looking like.

wikkedkornman said:
it varies with snows. he could end up getting white. he could end up getting pink. the pink blotches could turn into yellowish-greenish colored blotches. there is just too much variation in snows to give a definitive answer on what he'll end up looking like.

Hmm...I guess that I'd better buy an adult instead of a hatchling.

I much prefer the white/pink variety over the white/yellow ones, and I'd hate to spend two or three years only to find that my lovely pink girl has turned to yellow.

Thanks for the tip. I was searching for just this kind of information. =/

Chris

CJBianco said:
Hmm...I guess that I'd better buy an adult instead of a hatchling.

I much prefer the white/pink variety over the white/yellow ones, and I'd hate to spend two or three years only to find that my lovely pink girl has turned to yellow.

Thanks for the tip. I was searching for just this kind of information. =/

Chris

no problem! i speak from experience on that. 1 of my snows was a lovely pink as a hatchling and then at around 6 months old the pink started to fade and by 1 year old her once pink saddles had become yellowish-greenish. The male on the other hand stayed nice and pink. i don't know what any of their babies have ended up looking like as i sold the whole clutch both years they bred. this year i plan on keeping a pair as future breeders though.

snows

snows vary quite a bit ,I have a line that gets pinker with age,and thats speaking from experience( like way back when snows were the hot morph!) :rolleyes: :grin01:

If you're really into pink snows, why not get a 'coral snow'. Here's mine which is just over a year old. They continue to get pinker with each shed. I got mine from South Mountain Reptiles (Don Soderberg). www.cornsnake.net

Attachments

• csnw.jpg
    csnw.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 97
Oh, yes! I definitely want a Coral Snow, but I can't find any [juvenile/adult] females available right now. (And I want an extra adult female for this season. Just in case.)

But I do plan on snatching up the first adult female Pink Snow that I see advertised again. (And I've been searching the forums religiously lately! LOL)

Chris

wikkedkornman said:
no problem! i speak from experience on that. 1 of my snows was a lovely pink as a hatchling and then at around 6 months old the pink started to fade and by 1 year old her once pink saddles had become yellowish-greenish. The male on the other hand stayed nice and pink. i don't know what any of their babies have ended up looking like as i sold the whole clutch both years they bred. this year i plan on keeping a pair as future breeders though.
my snow is about 5-6 months and she's getting some yellow/green...i was actually wondering if something was wrong...since i wasnt sure if the greenish was normal :crazy02:

Back