• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question for Breeders/Sellers

DaGiant

DaBig Guy retired to MS
First off , Thanks for taking time to read this!

I have run into a problem that is a 1st for me.
July 6 I sold 3 (1.2) Adult Corns to a girl, I have had them
for several yrs, all were very healthy and active..

Today I get a message that the male regurged and died over night. :(

What, if any, responsibility do I have at this point?

I have never had an issue like this before.. I feel bad for them
but I would never sell a sick animal.. I haven't gotten any details
so far, just saying that he died. I have other animals For Sale out here
and don't want this to affect any future sales..

11 days isn't long... do you have any written contract or warranty? Anything you could replace it with? I tend to think it was their screw up, but I would try really hard to make them happy. How old were the snakes?

I would think the regurge was a sign that he was going to die, not he died because he regurged.

I don't know what your terms are, but that's a fairly short time period for a new snake to go and die. You could argue that it didn't have time to get sick at the new place, so it must have been pre-existing, OR that he was fine when he left so she must have screwed him up.

If it was me, I'd offer a replacement that would work with the two females, if I had one, or exchange the two females for a different 1:2 project. I would _not_ refund for the whole thing and take the females back.

To me, I feel like any snake I sell is 100% healthy, to the best of my knowledge. I want to know if it dies, even months out. I offer either a replacement if I have one, or a suitable alternate, if the person wants one.

If you replace that male, she will tell everyone she knows what a good guy you are. If you stick to some detail of your terms that says you only guarantee health for 48 hours or whatever, she is going to feel cheated and tell everyone she knows that she bought a snake from you, it died after the first meal, and now she is stuck with two females that don't go with anything.

Thanks..
They were 08's Chip..
1.1 Hypo het Blood
0.1 Sunglow
The terms are usually a week.. I'm confused since he was thriving
so well here and never missed a meal or regurged.. I replied back asking a few questions on housing etc..
I haven't heard back since.. I guess I will wait and see what they have to say..

Thanks again!

Nope, delivered to her hands in front of the San Diego Show.
She was actually a middleman for the actual purchaser, who contacted
me stating he thinks it was a husbandry issue on her part. (never took them out of the Deli's for starters) He is picking up the females from her and
possibly purchasing another male from me (making her pay.. LOL)
Thanks for the replies.. made me more relaxed on what to do.!.

Back