• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Question RE Super Pink Snow

Tearak

Hi Everyone

A friend of mine sent me these pics of one of his super pink snow corns.

In your professional opinion, would this be considered Bubblegum, Champagne or Coral?

Unfortunately he only has this one male (which originally came from USA), and he'd like very much to produce some offspring as brightly coloured as this male.

Would you suggest we pair it up with a lovely pink Champagne Snow?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Chantel (South Africa)

Attachments

• IMG_2189.JPG
    IMG_2189.JPG
    156 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_2371.JPG
    IMG_2371.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 96
This is one of my champagne snow motleys. Perhaps this will be the best bet to pair up with my friends pink snow?

The pink striped snow is one of his offspring.

Thanks again,

Chantel (South Africa)

Attachments

• Champagne Snow Motley.JPG
    Champagne Snow Motley.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 96
  • Champagne Striped Snow.JPG
    Champagne Striped Snow.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 96
It would be easier to answer that question if your friend knew who bred the male, that way we could speculate on which pink line he originated from.

Also it wouldn't hurt to pair them up if can't get any info on what line he is. You could (in theory) rule out champagne if the babies hatch out and look like regular snows.

Unfortunately he does't know which breeder it came from. But it was apparently bought from a section labelled "lucky packet" ... Grrrrrr!

He looks exactly, and I mean exactly, like my salmom snow from JMG reptiles.

joxer_20120528.jpg

Since the snow in question is a male, your friend has the ability to pair him with several females per year, thus being able to help determine which line he is as well as at least creating offspring from his line to hopefully produce at least more like him in the subsequent generations. Personally, I would go ahead and pair him with the champagne snow as you will most likely get some nice pink offspring from them. They may not be exactly colored like him, or even her, but some sort of pink is better than no pink! I paired my JMG coral ghost male with Chris' TS line snow and even though not all of the offspring are a nice pretty pink, some are...

Attachments

• 029 Snow het hypo-TS X JMG Coral - M - 1-7-13 - A.jpg
    029 Snow het hypo-TS X JMG Coral - M - 1-7-13 - A.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 58
I have a High Pink Snow that originates from Carols Pepto and Bismol ( ??? think that's how it's spelt ) that also looks similar.

He looks exactly, and I mean exactly, like my salmom snow from JMG reptiles.

I have to agree with SnakeAround i also purchased a JMG line salmon snow. I got mine from Dave Partington who bought out JMG's stock and i have to say they look very similiar! He is only a year old but i expect him to look very similar to yours by the time he is 2 hopefully:)

Attachments

• zeus new.jpg
    zeus new.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 52
Back