• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Questions about genetics of Creamsicles

MatCat

So I am curious to know what the result of creamsicle females is on babies, I know the primary gene that matters is amel, but if you breed say creamsicle to a normal, are you just getting het for amel normals? What if you breed creamsicle to creamsicle? or creamsicle to other albino types like different type of amel or an anery? Does the rat snake genetics play any part at all in the offspring? I know scaleless came from rats originally, does het for scaleless ever appear out of creamsicles for example?

As a creamsicle is a hybrid, every offspring they will ever produce, and their offspring, and their offspring, etc are hybrids. So a creamsicle creates 'rootbeers', not 'normals'. A rootbeer is the non-morph version of the hybrid cross. A creamsicle to a normal will create rootbeers het for amel. If any amels pop up, those are creamsicles. Creamsicle to creamsicle makes creamsicles. Creamsicle to amel makes creamsicles.

Back