• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Questions...

kensei

Hi guys, just had a few questions...

A local reptile store was having a sale on some corns so I decided to go in and check out some females (1.5-2yrs). A few things crossed my mind when I was trying to decide which one I wanted.

1. Is $100 cdn a good price for a female this age/size?

2. There was an amelanistic but her body had a "washed out" (white) effect. I know if the saddles have this effect they are referred to as being "frosted", but it was mostly the backdrop (outside of the saddles) and it was fairly prominent. Is this normal?

3. There was also a 'peach frosted'. The breeder assured me that it was pure corn and not a hybrid. My question here is do all amelanistic corns have a white underside? The one I saw today was a light orangish color with a peach colored underside.

4. Should I go with the 'washed out' amelanistic, peach frosted, or an albino jungle (i know this is a hybrid but it had a very nice color/pattern to it).

Thanks a lot in advance :)

Without pictures, it's hard to say. To me the 'washed out ' amel sounds kind of interesting, though. I would also make sure the store is clean and their animals healthy before buying anything, ask lots of questions, and if possible ask them to let me watch when they feed the snakes.

hello again James

IMHO, $100 sounds like a lot depending on the morph. That will have more to do with it's value than anything else.

Here is a link to some guys web page: http://www.serpenco.com/shop/customer/home.php
He has lots of pictures you can look at for comparison. The peach name is not one I am familiar with. Beware of breeder that make up fancy names to increase the value of the animal.

I feel like frosted is kind of in the eye of the beholder. I have seen snakes that really look frosted and others that are called frosted that just have a little extra white.

I know there are some Canadian classifieds you can look at for price comparisons. Most of the people that post on the cornsnake classifieds won't be able to ship to you. Maybe Rich can, I don't know.

What snake is best for you? that is a question that only you can answer. If you're like most of you won't be able to decide and end up with one or two of each.

Back