• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quick outside cage feeding question

Jase&Sarah

Mother and Father of Eva
Hello all. Since I have recently changed over to Aspen, I was wondering the proper feeding method. Would a good method be using a small critter keeper, allowing her to feed and wait 10-15 minutes to realign jaw and then gently tip kritter keeper on side and place in tank to allow her to exit on her own?

This is what I read in another posting and just wanted to make sure. Sorry to have you all answer the same 100 questions over and over I just try to do my best with my new baby.

I feed Leeroy in a shoebox and as soon as he starts moving around good and trying to get away I just pick him up and put him back in his viv

I agree that you shouldn't really handle your snake after feeding but picking it up with your hands and putting back in it's viv won't hurt it. It's crawling around, exploring and trying to hang on to fingers with a full belly that's not go. A quick up and down won't hurt it.

Reasoning

Well the reason I ask is my hatchling recently regurgitated due to a bad pinkie I believe. I was just making sure I was doing it right.

Thanks

Back