• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

quick question

CarrieH

It has been a long time since I have been on this forum(busy,busy). My question is I have a corn snake that i think is almost 2(maybe a little older)He is in a cage that is 2'x2'x18". It is capable of extending to 4'x2'x18"(there is a divider making it 2 cages for now) Nothing is in the other side should I remove the divider and give him the whole cage? I haven't measured him in awhile but he is about 30". Thanks

Carrie

I would think if your snake is 2 or more, he'd definately would need more room then a 2'x2'x18 inch cage now. I know most people say an adult can easily be kept in a 20 gal. tank for thier life but I have my adult in a 55 gal and can't imagine having her in anything smaller then that. Hope this helps.

Adult corns are commonly kept in 20L tanks. 30x12= 360 square inches.
A 24x24 viv has an area of 576 square inches, a generous improvement.
Snake Mom's 55 is 48x13= 624 square inches.

(A 29G has more height but the same area as a 20L)

The new cages I have ordered are 24x24x12, and will be for two adults snakes- one each.

Nanci

Nanci said:
Adult corns are commonly kept in 20L tanks. 30x12= 360 square inches.
A 24x24 viv has an area of 576 square inches, a generous improvement.
Snake Mom's 55 is 48x13= 624 square inches.

(A 29G has more height but the same area as a 20L)

The new cages I have ordered are 24x24x12, and will be for two adults snakes- one each.

Nanci

So then my snake in his original cage (24"X24"X18") is fine?

I did extensive research before purchasing 24x24 cages for adult snakes, one of which is 48". That being said, if you don't have plans to ever use the other half, or if you plan to purchase a new cage if you purchase a new snake, yours would probably appreciate the extra room if that meant bigger climbing branches, more hides, a bigger water crock, etc.

Nanci

I was going to open it up cause I was told he would need it. But if he doesn't maybe I could talk my husband into another one ;)

Carrie

Back