• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quick Question....

daneale777

I have a quick question for you all.
What is exactly is the pairing that produces the coral snow morph?
I know that it always says, "amel, anery, hypo," but what two snakes does it take to make this morph, or at least try?

Thanks for all your help.
I'm planning on breeding eventually in the future and am most interested in this morph, but need to start buying corns that actually fit into that plan.....

Any help would be greatly appriciated.
Sincerely,
Daneale

There are MANY ways to get to that....
Breeding same to same...
The 1 in 4 odds:
Ghost het amel
Snow het hypo
Sunglow (hypo amel) het anery

The 1 in 16 odds:
Anery het Sunglow (hypo,amel)
Hypo het Snow
Amel het Ghost

Then you can breed different to different (ie Ghost het amel X Snow het Ghost) and the list goes on and on.

Good luck with that project! ;)

To get an amelanistic anerythristic hypomelanistic baby, you would need two snakes from the following list:

het amelanistic, het anerythristic, het hypomelanistic
het amelanistic, het anerythristic, hypomelanistic
het amelanistic, anerythristic, het hypomelanistic
het amelanistic, anerythristic, hypomelanistic
amelanistic, het anerythristic, het hypomelanistic
amelanistic, het anerythristic, hypomelanistic
amelanistic, anerythristic, het hypomelanistic
amelanistic, anerythristic, hypomelanistic

There are 36 possible combinations of parents. The more mutant gene pairs are homozygous in the parents, the higher the percentage of amelanistic, anerythristic, hypomelanistic babies.

A snow is homozygous for the anerythristic and amelanistic mutant genes.
A ghost is homozygous for the anerythristic and hypomelanistic mutant genes.
A sunglow corn snake may be homozygous for the amelanistic and hypomelanistic mutant genes but is more likely to be from a strain of amelanistic corns selectively bred for minimal white, as far as I know.

Good luck.

Thanks You!!

Thank you all so much for that plethera of information!!
It looks like I might be able to even possibly try some of this idea with the three I already have. Of course this would be a "breeding trial" due to the fact, of course that they are pet shop and Craigslist buys of unknown hets. But they are a hypo, an amel and a snow. Of course I can always add more to my collection with known hets also. Always looking....

So, thank you thank you everyone!

Sincerely,
Daneale

Back