• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

quick question

Yep, absolutely normal as they are digesting their food :)

Remember not to handle for 48 to 72 hours after feeding, to avoid a regurgitation of his/her feed :)

they are usually busy digesting in their warm hides:)
Think Thanksgiving dinner for the human equivalent.

yea, shes been in her tree all day, not even in a hide? maybe its too warm on her warm side. Its about 90, is that too warm. I know i should be cooler, but is 90 going to hurt her. Im planning on buying a lower watt bulb tomorrow either way.

you don't have a UTH? Well I would recommend getting one, and a rheostat, it should be arround 83-86 degrees F.

As the others have said, it is perfectly normal.

90* is a little too warm. Move your heat light away from the enclosure a little to drop the temp to about 83*.

If the temps are too high, then switch off the light. The Corn doesn't need it and the UTH should be able to give the proper temp by itself. You could have a quick fix without spending more money on a different bulb.

INSIDE the warm hide should be 80-84*F.
Some snakes shy away from 85*F+.

We have two 07's one will only go in his hide if it is right between 80-82*F (according to the probe in the hide). Our girl is open to temps up to about 84.5*F.

I think the comment about not having a UTH was because you only commented on the bulb.
If your warm hide is at 80-84*F that is where your snake will go to digest.

We see our girl out a lot roaming around and the boy is more likely to be seen sitting on top of his climbling structure or in one of his three hides.

Back