• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quickening, denting and yawning.

daneale777

I'm on day 51 here with my first clutch ever and notice the dimpling/denting effect on one of the eggs today. Humidy is great, btw. Several of the eggs have also become very thin and softer. Does this mean that I may be seeing pippies soon?
Also, yesterday, I candled the ten remaining eggs again, to check on their progress and witnessed quickening (at least that's what they call it when us human moms feel our babies move inside for the first time!) It was the coolest thing ever to see those tiny unborn babies to move in the egg. So cool, in fact, I had to candle and watch it again today. What a miracle life is! Wow!
So the mom, Zelda should be double cluching soon. She's only on day four after her pre-lay shed, but she's acting more like she did on day 7 or so last time, (actually laying them on day 10). She's been roaming in and out of her lay box. And when she's in there, which is most of the time already, she likes to lay her head right out side the opening, resting her little head on the edge. It's very cute. Can corns lay only a few days after their post-lay shed? The other strange thing she started doing is yawning! She did this the other day right before she shed, so I thought that maybe she was trying to start the break in the shed by doing that. I fed her a small snack after she shed, and she yawned again a couple hours later (to realign her jaw, I assumed). Now she's started yawning again. I'm seeing her do it just about every day, and that's just when I happen to catch it. I'm wondering what this is all about? Maybe she's just tired of nesting around all day long and feels a yawn would help? Ha ha. It sure is making me tired just watching her and waiting for the eggs to pip!
Any ideas or comments on this would be greatly welcomed and appreciated.

Thanks, you guys!:noevil:

Btw, my temps have remained between 82 and 84 in my homemade fish aquarium, water/ fish heater incubator. Today is day 52 and the dent in the one egg is still there, but no others are showing any dents. This is the one egg that I can't quite see the baby inside of with candling. It's kind of tucked under some other eggs, so I'm hoping that's why. Should I be worried at this point? Is this too soon for denting with my temps being what they are?
Any help or ideas would be great since I'm doing the first time snake egg incubation worry dance over here all day now. Gee, I don't know that I was even quite this nervous when I was pregnant.
Thanks everyone.

Back