• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quite a dilemma.

egermann04

Ok, so I'm trying to get back into snakes and I got my first snake for years last weekend at the San Mateo show and I went to feed him for the first time last night. I proceed throw his frozen pinky in some warm water and then I walk into the room where his tank is to find him since I knew it would take a minute to find him since he seems to love to bury himself and he was nowhere to be found. Last I seen him was the day before. I've RIPPED the room apart and browsed throughout the rest of the apartment to find him and no luck. We have 2 room mates (one we hate the doesn't know we got a snake and one that's ALWAYS at her bfs house) I'm afraid that he might of gotten out and went into the roommates room that's never here and that he'll be in there til our lease is up and we move. The tank is nowhere near the door, In your personal experiences do your snakes seem to wander very far from their enclosure?

I've literally ripped the room apart. We moved all of the furniture as if we were rearranging the room and ripped apart the closet looking in every article of clothing. Also we have a cat so I'm thinking the bottle trick or anything like that would just be an pain in the a** cause of the her. I feel a bit irresponsible for him getting out but seems to be a very normal thing for any one that has a snake experienced or not

He's most likely to go into the vents or somewhere warm. When mine escaped he stayed on the same floor (in the ceiling vents for the lower floor) and eventually fell through to the lower floor. I looked forever and tried all the tricks to find him, but he didn't show up until I stopped looking a month and a half later. So don't give up. Remember snakes can crawl into the smallest places, even ones you wouldn't think to look.

Good luck finding him :(

Well I'm not too worried about vents since they're so high on the ceiling that I can barely reach them. When they find a safe comfortable place do they seem to just stay there or are they sometimes found wandering at night. Because I'm afraid that if i don't really look around that he's just gonna lay in the same spot til he croaks. I know that would take a very long time and have read everything I could read on about ways of luring him out or trapping him but no one ever really said that they found theirs in a place that they recently checked before but the snake just wandered during the night.

Back