• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Quite a scare! All is well now though.

EddieF

Last night I thought I lost my King snake. She is three feet long, mind you, and I could not find her in her cage, which was clasped shut. But I took out all the furniture and went through all the aspen a hundred times, I couldn't believe it but she was GONE!

I started tearing the house apart, but it just didn't seem right, didn't seem possible. So I went back to this wall thing, it came from the aquarium section of the pet store and it's cool because there are lots of holes to crawl through and the shape of the whole thing makes a nice cove to hide behind. Well I turned it over and shined a flashlight into it and saw the tiniest little yellow scale waaaayyyy down in there. What a huge relief!

But I didn't know if she was stuck or what! She seemed way too big to be in there that deep. I gave it a day and she didn't come out, so tonight I coaxed her out and took pictures of the whole saga...

Okay, this is the thing she was inside of. I turned it on its side and put two little fuzzies out to lure her out. It didn't take long.
PA050001.jpg

Gotcha!
PA050005.jpg

I decided to grab her as she went for the first one. Man, she really held on with her tail to the inside of that thing, but with some gentle pressure I coaxed her out. She never let go of the mouse. I let her have her reward.
PA050002.jpg

Here is the bottom of the wall. Never occurred to me that she'd go inside it, but I see now how tempting it would be for a snake. Plus the thing is tall, and the top is near a light that probably warmed the inside of it.
PA050003.jpg

I did some redecorating.
PA050004.jpg

Back to normal...
PA050010.jpg

The whole thing made me realize a couple things. First, I love this snake. The thought of losing her like that made me sick to my stomach. I was truly panicked.

Second, I can't imagine how hard it is to find a baby snake! I looked into my basement and thought, even for a three foot Kingsnake, there is an infinite number of hiding places in the average house.

Glad all turned out well.:)

As I am sure others have ... I had a similar scare, myself, awhile back (So, I can sure relate;) ).

Gah, what a scary experience! It's amazing what contortionists snakes are! I guess when their bodies are all ribs and spine, that's understandable though. :p

Back