• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

R.I.P. Psymon...

CMLReptiles

Hooah!
Some of you who have gotten to know me are aware that on July 8th of 2005, my wife and I had our first child, a son we named Psymon. He was born with a severe internal birth defect, and has been in the hospital since that time. About a month ago, he was finally switched to a nursing facility and after 16 months of hell, we thought we were in the clear...

At 10am monday morning, we got a phone call from the hospital. Psymon suffered a complete cardiac and respitory arrest, and was unable to be revived. The cause is unknown, but it appears kidney failure may have been the trigger.

When we saw him, he had a look of relief on his face. Almost like he knew what was coming and was glad he could finally relax and stop fighting. He will always be missed by those whose lives he touched. He went through more in his 17 months of life than most people go through in 80 years, and he did it all with a smile on his face.

We love you Psymon, and we miss you.

PsymonsFirstBirthday057.jpg

Chris, That is devistating. Im so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Ryan McCullough
MC Reptiles

Chris, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss; I know it's no consolation, but Psymon is finally at peace.

I hope you and your wife can find peace in the days to come as well.

Dale

CMLReptiles said:
Some of you who have gotten to know me are aware that on July 8th of 2005, my wife and I had our first child, a son we named Psymon. He was born with a severe internal birth defect, and has been in the hospital since that time. About a month ago, he was finally switched to a nursing facility and after 16 months of hell, we thought we were in the clear...

At 10am monday morning, we got a phone call from the hospital. Psymon suffered a complete cardiac and respitory arrest, and was unable to be revived. The cause is unknown, but it appears kidney failure may have been the trigger.

When we saw him, he had a look of relief on his face. Almost like he knew what was coming and was glad he could finally relax and stop fighting. He will always be missed by those whose lives he touched. He went through more in his 17 months of life than most people go through in 80 years, and he did it all with a smile on his face.

We love you Psymon, and we miss you.

:'(
That's terrible.
I'm sorry for your loss.
He was strong.
He will be strong in spirit.
x

Oh, my...I am SO SORRY for you extreme loss. No parent should ever have to bear the weight of outliving their child. But, as you said, he now knows that he doesn't have to fight anymore.

I hope above all that you and your wife can oveercome your grief and return to at a least a modicum of normalcy in the weeks and months ahead.

Rest In Peace, little angel Psymon.

Chris and Mrs. Chris- I am so sorry- but, as you said, it was probably a huge relief for Psymon. What an adorable baby- with his birthday cake- on a ventilator! He sure put up a fight! What a little sweetie.

Nanci

Oh no! Chris, I'm so sorry to hear that! :cry:

I know you and I have talked a lot about your son, and I'd hoped that being moved out of the hospital would have improved his life and he would get better and maybe be well enough to leave the hospital. But I guess not all things are meant to be.

May he rest in Heaven, where he can breathe on his own and run around and I hope that you and your wife are doing good throughout all of this. Such a bad time of year for it to come on.

He was a special little boy. =)

If you need anything, just let me know.

So deeply sorry to hear this Chris. I had no idea.

He may have only brightened your life for a short time, but he shines in Heaven for eternity. May you and your wife find some peace in this.

Chris,

I don't even know what to say when an event like this occurs. You are in my prayers, and I hope that God's love and peace will help your family to make it through this tough and trying time.

Lauren

I am so sorry for your loss. When my nephew passed on, a friend of mine gave me these words. They meant so much to me that now I'd like to share them with you:

The world has lost a great treasure and yet we are all enriched by our very awareness of him. Go ahead and cry. And then rejoice that he was among us for that little while.

Back