• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Raising tank for UTH

Tim Turner

My under tank heating pads came with little rubber feet to elevate the tank to keep the pad off the surface, and make room for the cord. Today I was moving a new tank around with those pads attached, and managed to lose two of them What would be a suitable replacement? I'm not sure what to google so I will know where to find such.

Furniture raisers. You stick them on the bottom of your chair to prevent scuffing of the floor. But as a temporary measure, you could really use anything, some craft foam sheets stacked together for example.

Great idea, Jagodzinski. Looks on a quick search like I can get them inexpensively at any home improvement-type store. And maybe they will be much better about staying stuck on.

I don't like those little rubber dots - they fall off or lose position too easily. I bought a 2x4 and had Home Depot cut it to the length of the short end of my tank (underneath, inside the framing). It gives enough height, is very stable, and easy to keep in place.

I have those Felt pads from Home Depot. They're about 1 inch in diameter and 1/4 inch thick. I stick 4 of them together to make them about 1 inch thick and then stick them to the bottom of my tank. I've never had them come off. They come in a pack of about 30 and are pretty cheap.

I used 4 tub drain gaskets from Home Depot under my 40gal aquarium/viv - they're large enough that I felt like the tank was totally stable.

Back