• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Raising The Humidity

chuck1289

I'm Old Greggggggg
Hey my snake (Bell) is about to shed soon so i'm wondering in what ways can i raise the humidity in her viv ? .. I've heard that if i lightly spray her bedding with water it could help her shed. Oh and if you were reading my thread in the health forum which was named... PLEASE HELP!!!! Im sure your glad to hear she hasn't got mites :).Thanks for all the help.

you can raise humidity simply by spraying although this is more short term,

or you can move your water bowl over your heat source that works,

or you can create a humid hide, thats what i do, i use sphagnum moss i buy dried from the petstore (you can also use kitchen towl), get it wet/damp and slip it into a cleaned out bottle

i use 'Oasis' fruit juice you know they type (being a brit) with the wide kneck at the top of the bottle, makes it easier to get in and out, alternatively you can use any plastic container, just cut an entry whole big enough for your snake in it

Tom

I live in a dry area. At shed time, I have simply put some wet peat moss on a small paper plate and it works great. Rewet it with warmish but not hot water every 24 hours or so, and I keep it on the warm side.

I meant to say that the snake loves it. Spends time on top of it, inside of it, and under the paper plate at other times. Works great.

Back