• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Random Encounter

XenDrgn

While driving home from a quick run for breakfast, I saw this old fellow teetering on the curb and about to embark on an excursion across five lanes of traffic. As I am fairly certain that it a Gopher Tortoise (and therefore a threatened species) I didn't want to leave him to that fate.

SO I pulled over and relocated him to a safer spot. Namely about 40' in a different direction. There was a nearby field with a small barrier around where the roads were so it would be protected a bit longer at least.

I got a hiss and a glare and a couple kicks for my assistance. Sassy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0kxqecapiviecw/file aug 16, 10 23 49 am.jpeg?dl=0

Gophers don't relocate well at all. They go right back where they live. The best thing to do is move them across the road in the direction they were going. Which, contrary to popular belief, is not against the law to do...

Back