• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Rare color corn snake

Yeah I definitely think it's in blue as well. As for rare I'm not seeing it. I guess I'd have to hear what kind of morph they're actually advertising it as because I'm seeing either a norm or maybe an alabama normal.

Strange. Stay away from anyone that is claiming a snake has had it's shots, LOL!

I agree though, just a normal in blue. Her tail also looks stumpy/short, which is generally not a good thing.

I would pass if I were you.

Strange. Stay away from anyone that is claiming a snake has had it's shots, LOL!

I agree though, just a normal in blue. Her tail also looks stumpy/short, which is generally not a good thing.

I would pass if I were you.

I noticed that too, but I think part of the tail goes under the aspen then comes back out. You can kinda see the last inch or so of tail.

I wasn't going to get it. I just posted because I thought it was weird. Bad thing about it is someone who knows nothing about snakes will probably buy it :(

A stumpy/short tail can also be a birth defect called "short tail."

Short-tail is a dominant gene which causes minor spinal defects in the tail of the snake. The snake is not at any health risk or in any pain from this defect. Breeding trials showed the gene is dominant. There is also a possibility that it is lethal in the homozygous state but no evidence for this has surfaced yet. This gene, since it is not recessive, can easily be eliminated from any breeding colony by not breeding any short-tails.
-from Serpentine Widgets

Or it could be an old injury from a rodent mauling.

Back