• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Re-freeze pinkies?

kristentag

We dethawed a few pinkies to use in a trap to catch our escaped corn. Of course, Murphy's law, we found the snake as we were putting the traps down. Is it safe to re-freeze the pinkies?

It'd be like thawing some chicken breasts for dinner... then your other half coming home with pizza... you wouldn't throw it back in the freezer... maybe the fridge for tomorrow... but that's about it...

Thanks! We were so relieved. His cage was locked up and he still got out! How long do you think the'd be good if I keep in the fridge? I don't want to feed him too soon after his escape. We learned that the last time (I swear we should have named him Houdini) and he regurged.

Thanks! We were so relieved. His cage was locked up and he still got out! How long do you think the'd be good if I keep in the fridge? I don't want to feed him too soon after his escape. We learned that the last time (I swear we should have named him Houdini) and he regurged.

Personally I would call those pinks as good as garbage... or food for someone else.

Yeah, I have to agree with Nick; I wouldn't stick them in the fridge. I'd either throw them away or, if you have another snake, offer it to another.

I wouldn't. I thawed some pinks by accident last year- and the snakes were supposed to eat them the next day. So I put them in the fridge. Three out of four snakes regurged the pinks that had been refrigerated overnight.

Back