• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Real Plants and crappy shed!??

Samhain

Hey guys,
I've been really wanting to put a real plant or even just a real piece of nice wood into my corn snakes home, however... I'm always worried something like pesticides or bugs are going to harm her. What are everyones thoughts?
Should I just not and say I did? Or just not all together?

Also, while I got you here, HA!
My corn also just completed her 2nd shed since I have had her. Exactly a month from the last, which I thought was cool, and also excites me because I'm hoping for a growth spurt at some point! Anyways, It was a very nice shed just as the last time, one big nice complete piece BUT this time theres about a one inch piece left on her tail, and she doesn't really seem concerned by it. I've been trying the soaking method, should this due the trick eventually? And is it harmfull in any way while its there?

Try placing a towel in there for her to crawl through while she soaks. Or damp paper towels for her to climb through works as well from what I have read. As for plans you can do a search on living vivariums although I know a lot of pet stores sell reptile friendly plants as well.

thanks for the reply and the link, i followed the links instructions and it worked perfectly! Thanks so much!

Back