• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

red bulb?

Seawin

can u really just get a red bulb from home depot or some hardware store and use it for night time Heat without botherig your snake so it gives it the day/night..ih the white bulb in day and red at night ..was just wondering?

I'd go for a UTH, and a separate light-source during daytime. Seems like the easiest solution. (Even if you wanted to use some lightbulbs for heating you would have to make sure the snake can't get to it and burn itself...)

If you want some lighting during the night, you could get a dimmer, attach it to a normal red light bulb, and adjust the light to a minimal level. Even IF cornsnakes could see the light it still shouldn't be a problem if it is less intense than moonlight.

imho. :)

Hope I answered your question... There will probably be more replies. :)
-sawsehel

yea that works =) ..its just ive been beewn hAving my heat pad go up to 92 even with like a tile in between it and still same i dont wanna burn my corn so i took it off ..the temp in my room is good...im gonna try a 40 watt cuz i have him in a 10 gallon right now checking temps on both sides soon =)

The red bulb can be used both durning the day and night. And, you can just get one from Home Depot/hardware store and it will work just as well as the ones from the pet stores.

You might want to look into getting a dimmer switch for your UTH so that you can control the amount of current going to it, and thus controllling the temp. Use a thermometer to find the correct temp as you adjust the dimmer switch, and then just leave the switch as that setting for the temp that you want.

Back