• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Red Candycane Adult..Farfetched,yes...

MindsEyeExotics

I am in search of a red candycane with clean white background. Seems to be the holy grail of amels for sure. I know I probably will search much longer but never hurts to ask. I need an adult female (one of my 'girls' I thought would be ready to go this year turned out to be another boy, leaving me with a good collection of nice male candycanes without appropriate mates) but would be interested in males if they are stunning(as well as babies if they are from knockout adults). I want to build a huge collection of RED candycanes and bring them back into the trade for everyone to have. I know there are a few breeders with good stock, maybe I could get on a list for coming babies (I already got the last male from SMR so Don is out for the time being) Thanks

I am in search of a red candycane with clean white background. Seems to be the holy grail of amels for sure. I know I probably will search much longer but never hurts to ask. I need an adult female (one of my 'girls' I thought would be ready to go this year turned out to be another boy, leaving me with a good collection of nice male candycanes without appropriate mates) but would be interested in males if they are stunning(as well as babies if they are from knockout adults). I want to build a huge collection of RED candycanes and bring them back into the trade for everyone to have. I know there are a few breeders with good stock, maybe I could get on a list for coming babies (I already got the last male from SMR so Don is out for the time being) Thanks

I really hope you find your girl and when you do start producing please let me know, i have been on a search for the clean white background with nice red saddles for 5-6 years and anytime I do find one it was already sold :( . Omg, this thread made me so excited! Can't wait till you get your lady and start a cc line. :)

Exactly, it seems like something everyone wants, but no one is producing? Seems like the ones available are just byproducts of nice miami lines and such, not the target morph..it just surprises me, or how easily people accept low quality candycanes and still call them that, it's not a genetic morph, it's a selective trait, even if it's from two nice adults and it somehow develops orange background, it's not a candycane anymore. Always disappointing when that happens, just had a yearling that had previously held alot of red and white shed out and is turning orange between the saddles :( I don't need another orange and red amel lol with my line I would call the red and whites candycanes, but the clean orange and whites 'candycreams' it just seems more fitting..the orange ones are nice snakes but not what i'm looking for as a "candycane"

I bought a male cc at a expo back in november 2012 and he had very little peach coloring in between 4 of his begining saddles and with every shed I have noticed his the peach is getting like a bright orange and the sides are a really light peach with alot of red in between the scales, i like the fact that his saddles are really red but not so clean white background, I still love him, but not what i was looking for, but in one of the threads they talk about why they do not produce cc anymore, about the time and the price being about 30$ but, idk I am not a breeder, in my head if you produce enough and get them sold at a good price where it is affordable then you can make a profit. But honestly, who am I to say if I have never bred and the time and money spent into the projects.

I bought a male cc at a expo back in november 2012 and he had very little peach coloring in between 4 of his begining saddles and with every shed I have noticed his the peach is getting like a bright orange and the sides are a really light peach with alot of red in between the scales, i like the fact that his saddles are really red but not so clean white background, I still love him,

That's why I'll never label one of my red and white amel Miami babies as a candy cane, unless it makes it to its second birthday with no yellow!! Just take a look at my Candy Cane to see an extreme example of NOT a candy cane, who started out like one!

Carol Huddleston makes some nice candy canes, though.

Thanks Jessica29 I sent a message about that younger girl, for the price it's definitely worth the gamble of her being orange or staying red

That's why I'll never label one of my red and white amel Miami babies as a candy cane, unless it makes it to its second birthday with no yellow!! Just take a look at my Candy Cane to see an extreme example of NOT a candy cane, who started out like one!

Carol Huddleston makes some nice candy canes, though.

But your amel miamis are truley beautiful though and thank you I am going to check carol's site :)

Yes I did see that Dave, thanks. I definitely am interested in your corns. I had sent emails to the people from the website Jessica had linked before and no response. That's what I wad commenting on. And I would like to get as many females as are available because I need a high quality candy cane empire mwahaha

Back