• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Refuses to shed?

lucia

I have a friend whose adult cornsnake have shed every month the last three times!?? Not whole skins and now he is in sheddingmode once again!? but he refuses to shed. Why is that??

He is VERY nervous and she can´t pick him out from the terrarium, he eats but only at night in his place. (He lives alone)
She hasen´t seen any damages on his body or mites.

(Sorry for my bad english, hope you´ll understand)

Lol Your english is just fine!
How long has he been in shedding mode?
Because, when mine went blue then cleared up it was almost 2 weeks before she shed.
Do you know what humidity his terrarium is at? Or if he has a shed box?

Great!

I´m not a beginner and neither is my friend :)
But we can´t understand what´s wrong with him, he has great living conditions with a shedbox, but he is too affraid to shed his skin. :(

I have had cornsnakes and other reptiles for 9 years and I have never seen that behavior before, I really want to help him but I´m not a vet.
He bites and rattles and she can´t even take him out.

The snake has now been very dark for several weeks without shedding. He has a shed box AND she´s spraying water every day.

I have a snake that is a problem shedder. Regardless of what I do, he always seems to give us a problem around shedding time. Maybe, like mine, he is just predisposed to having this problem? As long as you can get all the little pieces off, it should be OK.

Wayne

I have a snake that is a problem shedder. Regardless of what I do, he always seems to give us a problem around shedding time. Maybe, like mine, he is just predisposed to having this problem? As long as you can get all the little pieces off, it should be OK.

Wayne

Yes maybe, but I know he has been shedding very well before. It is very sad to see, and I don´t know how to help him. He´s slippery as an eel and bites as soon we´re getting to close.
I have to hold on to his head and look at him, cause something is wrong and he don´t feel any better.
I don´t want to stress him to death.

Back