• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Regurg and shed at the same time?

ricoandcarlotta

Ok Rico hadn't eaten in 3 weeks, I'd cut, snipped, sprinkled with NutriBac, and put him and his dinner in a paper bag overnight. I was dispairing that I was going to lose him. He got cloudy this week but since he hadn't eaten I wasn't sure what to think. Well last night I gave him 1 1/2 pinkie heads and he ate them! And as soon as I put him back in his viv he shed! and part of his shed had I think some regurg in it??? It was yellowish...stunk to high heaven...but it didn't look like enough to be 1 1/2 heads. My question do you think it will be ok to give him another pinkie head on Saturday (that will be 3 days). And it will give his skin some time to calm down. He's such a sweet boy, I really hope he's feeling better.

Thanks to you all!

That really does not seem like a true regurge. If it was so soon after eating one of the pinkie heads should have been easy to spot. I would keep up the feeding plan you are currently using.

I couldn't tell without seeing it, but I have never seen a regurge that I would describe as yellowish. I would not feed him before five days, though. Even if it wasn't a regurge. And in the future, I would not feed him when he was blue. I think I might even put Nutribac in his drinking water, changing it every day, between now and then. And the way I use Nutriback is to powder-coat the food item so it is white, not lightly sprinkle it like you were salting something.

I wonder if its not a regurge as is commonly known but actually the snake properly vomiting...

I have a cloudy recollection of reading somewhere that there are two forms of a snake clearing itself out of which classic regurge (which I have seen once myself) is recognisable prey items (or bits of them) that are either too big or brought back up because of stress or some other factor...

Vomiting in snakes is apparently different. its from lower end of the digestive tract and is potentially more serious. If your snake was acting sick before and now he/she seems fine it might have been this thats happened. Urea is usually yellowish/white semisolid - now if there was some sort of problem in the snakes gut like a blockage this might have ended up going the wrong way - sort of like food going the wrong way in humans can cause problems too...

it might be that the shedding movements - which can be quite marked and intense loosed this out and the snake vomited it up and sorted itself out - as well as shedding at the same time..

I would concur that not feeding this snake for 5-7 days and handling it as little as possible - but keeping a close idea would be good - also when you do feed it - pick a smaller food item if you can just so if he has a sensitive tummy at the moment you wont be giving him another sore tummy to deal with...

hope he recovers :)

Back