• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Regurge during a shed

ArvadaLanee

Poor Nightmare had a Regurge! The question is, did this happen because I accidentally fed him right before a shed, or is he still not ready for the fuzzies? Now that he has shed, should I go ahead and try him with another fuzzy, and maybe split the sides this time, or feed it to him in halves or something? Or should I buy buy some more pinkies just to be on the safe side? How long should I wait before feeding him again? His regurge was 4 days ago, and he shed the night before last. The good news is that his shed was perfect once again.
I so appreciate all the help and advice I get here! I know I ask a ton of questions, and I truly am grateful for everyone's help.

It's probably because of the shed, but regardless of the cause, move him back down to pinkies or even partial pinkies for a while. Wait 10 days after his regurge to try feeding him. Try not to handle him much or at all during that period.

Read through this FAQ written by Kathy Love for more info on how to handle his regurge:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28342
(It's at the bottom of the first post.)

Thanks! Very helpful instructions. I really hope Nightmare is okay. He seems calm, but still active, and he looks great, all shiny in his new skin. I will follow the instructions, and hopefully, he will be back to normal soon. It sucks that we will be unable to hold him for so long. There are so many times that he can't be handled, and we have been trying to handle him as often as possible so he stays used to it. He has been doing so well, and growing so much. I am determined to keep our little guy happy and healthy, and I feel bad that I missed any signs of shedding when I fed him. I didn't see any blue to his eyes until 2 days after feeding him. It's frustrating to think I am making mistakes that could hurt him. That is the last thing I would want to do. Keep your fingers crossed for us that the next time we feed, it goes well!

It happens to everyone! And I'm sure he will be fine.

When I first got into snakes, I knew that after feeding one pinkie, you would move up to two pinkies, so I assumed it was the same method for all the sizes. Needles to say, the snake that I tried to feed two fuzzies to could not keep them both down. Live and learn!

Also be sure to double check your temperatures and humidity. I always offer food even when blue and they always accept and I've only had maybe 2-3 regurges in 11 years both one of which was due to malfunctioning heat the other was a finicky mexican hognose. When you do always go back to pinkies and work your way up. But you need to wait 10 days to two weeks before offering food again go give them time to heal or you'll get stuck in a bad rut.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Back