• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

regurge help

luciano

Hi,
I fed my corn (almost 4 feet) two mice 5 days ago, 21 and 26 grams each. After those five days I fed her again a 21 g mouse. Two days later (the 11th), I found a huge poop and that the last mouse I gave her had been regurged (it wasn't that digested, complete mouse).
Could the problem have been that I fed that last mouse too soon after her last meal consisting of two considerable sized preys?
What should I do? How long do I wait before trying to feed her again?

general rule: wait 7-10 days after the regurge before offering more food. It could have simply been because your snake couldn't handle so much food (have you recently moved up a size in mice or anything?)

Nope, she's almost seven years and has been eating those mouse sizes for a long time now, it's just that it's the first time i feed her two

If you fed her two mice, and she was normally on a "1 mouse every 5 days" feeding schedule (which by the way, adult corns should typically be on a 7-14 day feeding schedule), then it could have been because of the amount of food. Five days isn't a lot of time to digest 2 mice. Had she had a bowel movement before you fed her the third mouse?

Nope, she looked slim as she hadn´t eaten anything, and when she ate that third one, she ate it as if it were the first one

OK

What about temperature. The temps could be just a little low not allowing proper digestion of a larger meal....just a thought

I have my temps at 30*c and there is only a slight drop at nighttime (to about 28 or 29). Try not having the night time drop, that is a little low.

that might be a little low, but i live in peru and my corn is really used to that temp as a summer low, that's why i think it might not be the temp, but the fact that i fed her to soon after the two mice

It doesn't really matter what they are used to, if the temps are too low they won't be able to digest properly and regurges could occur. Not really the point as I doubt your temps are low enough to cause any probs with digestion. It is probably just because you fed too soon.

Also the other way~~~~~:~

The few times that I have had regurges has been when the temps have gotton too high, especially if the high temps are maintained for a long period (more than 24 hours) This has happened to me a few times in the summer when I have a hard time regulating the weather:D well I try but......S~~~~~:~
I agree with Rachel it sounds like a too soon for the snack mouse between meals problem.

Back